Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Debating annual inspection vs Dobb's (maybe wait for year two for annual?)...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've had the car for about 16 months and I'm way overdue for a tire rotation (17k miles). Also I discovered today that one of my tires is leaking air slowly from the valve stem.

I've been debating between doing the $600 annual inspection or just taking the car to the corner Dobb's for $50.

I know it's an expensive car and maybe it would be a good idea to get it thoroughly checked out while taking care of these issues... but.. then it's a lot of money for a warm fuzzy feeling :)

Just wondering if anyone wants to convince me that I should go for the annual service at this point or maybe let Dobb's take care of the tires and wait until the two year mark next summer for the service check?

thanks,
Pat

First...I'd highly recommend getting your tired rotated!! You can go anywhere to get them rotated you don't have to go to tesla for that!! I go to les Schwab for all my rotations and fixes. If you have active air you can actually damage the system by it trying to continually make sure your system is leveled properly. Second these tires run around $1300 a set so if you want them to last. Rotate!!

I have 31,000 miles on my car. Have had it for 1 year today! And took it in last week for the annual inspection. IMHO was a COMPLETE waste of $$. If I was going to do it over again I'd say spend $30 on the air filter change it out yourself and call it a day! I know people all have their own opinions here. I LOVE my car. BUT it's had a ton of issues since I've had it and I still don't have the warm fuzzies after having spent $600....just feel like I spent $600. I'll probably wait until 49000 miles before I do another one!

I ended up calling the service center to schedule the tire rotation and repair - I had kind of expected them to insist I do the annual inspection which is why I had hesitated - but I could not have been more wrong. They offered to do the rotation and fix the leaky valve at no charge. Tesla service just rocks.

For such an expensive car I woulf think just getting the annual inspection done might be worth it since the car is already there. It is worth getting tired rotated more than every 17,000 miles at least. Glad they are taking care of you for free. Tesla service does rock.