Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hello from the Peak District UK :)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello there GSP, yes I have a Chargemaster install booked in 3 weeks time.

I'd read some mixed reviews so thought Id get it booked sooner rather than later!

A 7 KW (30 A, single phase) Chargemaster will be great for overnight charging. At about 20 miles per hour of charging, your Model S will be fully charged almost every morning.

However, if your home has 3-phase service, you might want to consider a 3-phase type 2 charging station. It would be helpful if you arrive home late after a long drive and need to leave early the next morning. Also, faster charging is nice if you are at home, and decide to do a 100% "range charge" before leaving on an unexpected long trip. Is it worth paying extra for? Everyone is different and it is for some, but not others.

GSP

PS. Link to good discussion about charging in the UK:

UK charging cable provided with your cars

Last edited:
:)

I've gone for the solid white with black leather, black headliner and carbon fibre decor - how about yourself?

I'm really excited, but have to wait until May.

Specs for your new car sounds great.
With the P85D my understanding is you also get the red brake calipers, so a little sparkle at the wheels.

I am hanging on my dolphin grey (not the darker new grey)/tan leather/obeche gloss interior S85 for bit longer, hedging my bets for an upgrade until the 110kW version is introduced (lol).

Yep, unfortunately waiting is just part of getting this really great car.
And it IS worth the wait.

Wow.
You may have the best timing of almost anyone I know.

You are really lucky to have had that golden opportunity and seized it.
Good for you!

Not really wishing for a 110, but it sure would arouse a lot of my interest should it become available.
In the meantime, the new S85D would suit me just fine (a fella's gotta have a dream.)