Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Premium Interior package. Way overpriced!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I did order my P85D a couple of weeks ago. All options but the premium interior package. I dont like the yacht floor and do prefeer the textile one. The LED stuff is just silly. Have it in my car today and a more overpriced interior light ing is hard to find in a premium sedan. So I was interested in the extended nappa. Did find a car with it and I was surprised that is was so little leather. First it was hard to see the difference with just eyes... Had to tap and feel it to see the difference. Softer and leather but not very visible at all. Plus I thought e instrument panel and lower doors etc would be nappa but no... If younhave tan interior its just the tan parts of the lower instrument panel, doors... Nothing more... 42000 SEK for this??? (4509 USD). Tesla are you a bank trying to rob me? 50% lower price please or split the package again! Just plain silly!!! Elon please!!!

Kinda' agree. I skipped this pricey option as well. Will miss the interior lighting that I got for "free" with my early MS60 but, couldn't justify the package price when ordering the P85D. Am going with textile seats anyway so, no leather all over (but for the steering wheel, I guess).

Those textile seats are neat! I was surprised at how well done they are.

As for option pricing, you can see what an option is worth by looking at what the option is worth at a wholesale level. It is not what the manufacturer can charge you for the option or your willingness to pay for that option that is the true indication of its value; it is what, in this case, Tesla is willing to pay YOU for that option when they buy back your car on trade. Look at what Tesla is offering for the S85, P85 and P85+ with roughly the same age and milage. YOU WILL BE SHOCKED.

Every luxury manufacturer does this. This is also why Tesla is pushing so hard to deliver all PDs in December. The margins are through the roof in comparison to S85s.

Just sold my P85 and about to order a new 85 in ther next couble of weeks.

it will proberbly be equiped with similar options as my old config - but I will, as you, skip the extended leater/light package.
it's a shame they have boundle it. people have different wishes for combinations.

will skip it since the combo include options I do not wish and therefor does not want to pay for..
I would have taken the light package alone, but not the rest.