Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Battery Heater ~1000 watts and thermal camera photo.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For the first time I've seen the battery heater kick on.

Here some pics and info I learned in case people were curious.

When I first started the charge, I noticed it was drawing 8 Amps & 120v, display says it was doing battery heating. After about ~15-20mins it switched to normal charging and now drawing 12 amps.

Seems to match up with the ~1000 watt model at (page 76).

1.png

2.png

4.png

flir1.png

flir2.png

flir3.png

3.png

Last edited:
Cool!

So it inhibits charging completly before battery is brought to the certain minimum temperature?

BTW: are those images from FLIR One? Users at EEVBlog are reporting that when you save a picture and then open it in Flir Tools you can get a reading below 32F, although accuracy is unknown.

So it inhibits charging completly before battery is brought to the certain minimum temperature?

Yep seems that way.

BTW: are those images from FLIR One? Users at EEVBlog are reporting that when you save a picture and then open it in Flir Tools you can get a reading below 32F, although accuracy is unknown.

Yep FLIR One, I just checked in the Flir tool, it says that photo has a temperature range of -23F to 12.3F.. yeah I say it's very inaccurate. Temp was likely 28F at the time.