Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Disappointed by Poor Interior Quality

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Everyone,

I'm regretting my purchase of a fully loaded Model S. I wish I had taken more time to inspect the interior quality before paying over $100K for this car.

pic 1 - where is the arm rest? Terrible on a long drive, your arm just falls down.

pic 2 - entire top of dash above instrument binnacle flexs a good 2-3". WTF? You don't see this on a $10K Hyundai, let alone a $100K+ 'luxury' car.
This car had the upgraded leather dash, and it felt like vinyl.

pic 3 - upper door panel - very cheap, hard plastic

'full' / upgraded whatever seats also felt cheap. Nothing like a Porsche/BMW/Benz.

Elon sure knows how to price gouge... this interior is terrible for the price.

For those who are considering the Model S, take heed of this.
IMG_6225.JPG

IMG_6226.JPG

IMG_6227.JPG

Are you saying that I need to inspect something before I purchase it, thank you, message received , I suggest if your unhappy with your purchase return it and buy your (Porsche/BMW/Benz.), I'm sure you will be much happier, thanks for the kind advice.

I am driving around in a car that has a drop dead gorgeous interior.
It is two toned high grade leather (Cognac and Espresso). It has real Olive wood accents galore. It is stunning. Everyone who gets into my car comments on it. Even after over 2 years as a daily driver, I marvel at its beauty.
I can't wait to trade it in on the Model S.
Will the Tesla interior be as nice? Not in any way. Will the overall Tesla driving experience be as nice? Oh way nicer!

/sarcasm on

I bought a BMW, Porsche AND Mercedes last week and I'm super disappointed. Wish I had test drove them before buying. Where's the instant and constant torque when I hit the gas pedal? Where's the frunk space storage? Where's the 17", intuitive control center. And what the heck do all these buttons do? Hey! What the !?!?! I have to fill it with GAS! How 21st century.

Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah...

/sarcasm off

By the way the EXIF says the pictures were taken with an iPhone 5 exactly at Columbus circle in NYC. I call event, no owner this.

And his profile says he joined 1 hour ago. And is a Tech Co CEO.

Last edited:
I normally don't respond to trolls, but do I try to keep both hands on the steering wheel when I drive, don't you? The arm rest is thus superfluous, even tough it does exist. Did you miss it?

Correct. A non-issue. No problems on long drives. As far as the interior quality goes, I've had several folks at car shows tell me how much they are impressed by the interior quality, fit, and finish. As car show enthusiasts are typically pickier about these things than the average person I'd tend to say that says a lot about the car.

The OP is simply another example of the antics some people will go to, just to post their negative anonymous drama on the internet in order to gain attention while "claiming" to own a Model S.
***The "flawed" frunk lid releasing while driving 115 mph being the other that comes to mind***.

Sitting in one (while taking pictures) nor driving one is not the same thing as purchasing and owning one.

I'm disappointed by the trolling, but more disappointed by the snide and non relevant nature of some of the replies. I do appreciate digging into more info on the event and truth of what the poster is claiming, but factual vs. supposition or just attacks on appearance, age, etc.