Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Next Gen seats LATCH System

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry, I didn't think to look as my kids are past that stage. I believe LATCH is required by USDOT, though. And the latch points are part of the frame, which is likely the same frame used with the current seats. You could always call or email Tesla and ask?

I think the more likely problem you're going to encounter is the car seats are not going to fit properly between the bolsters. I have one kid left using a booster seat, and my guess is I will have to buy a seat with a very narrow base.

Yeah I'm guessing there will be at least 2 configs for the LATCH, as opposed to the 3 possible configs on the current cars (current as of the summer at least).

We've got the Radian RXTs... Super slim seats, I've got 3 across in my current Subara STi, so hopefully it'll work even with the bolsters.

I called the TESLA mothership but they weren't able to give me an answer.

I guess I'll have my answers in a month or so anyway :)

Thanks again folks!

We've got the Radian RXTs... Super slim seats, I've got 3 across in my current Subara STi, so hopefully it'll work even with the bolsters.

Note that although the MS supports 3 configurations, only 2 can be used simultaneously:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416071795.619557.jpg

Note that although the MS supports 3 configurations, only 2 can be used simultaneously:

View attachment 63673
That's not entirely true. That's an old diagram that specifically refers to LATCH seat placement. When cars used to have a center LATCH (they don't anymore), one of the two rails was shared with the outboard seat. So there were 5 LATCH anchors, making it impossible to fit 3 LATCH seats. The manual states in this case, the two outboard seats must use LATCH, and the center seat must mount with a seatbelt.

On cars built after about December 2013 the topic is moot, as they have only 4 LATCH anchors, with none in the center position.

So in either case, if you need three seats across, two will be LATCH and the third seat must use a seatbelt.

Yeah I'm guessing there will be at least 2 configs for the LATCH, as opposed to the 3 possible configs on the current cars (current as of the summer at least).

I called the TESLA mothership but they weren't able to give me an answer.

I guess I'll have my answers in a month or so anyway :)

Thanks again folks!

For your info, the Radiant works great too in the Model S.

I had 3 across but the older one is now on a booster (green, seen behind passenger seat).

IMG_5017.JPG

Confirmed. Don't have pictures but this should do. Didn't want to mess with the seatbelt only setup for the middle seat so I strapped the baby to the latch on the outboard for simplicity.

Attachments

• Pages from Tesla Model S Manual 12.31.2014.pdf
    268.6 KB · Views: 98