Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Opticoat

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
if you are the DIY type of person, then I can recorment Alaska HD Nitro nano coat.
it's very easy to work with and does not require eny skills. - cost only a 1/10 of a opticoat treatment.

The most work are about to make your car 100% clean - I really mean CLEAN and DRY. - this can take 1,2 or even 3 hours of work.
then you need to make shure your car stays clean while drying 100%.
when you have a dry & clean car, the HD Nitro only takes about 1 hour to apply - the car need to "sleep" the night over with the stuff still on (a dry place).
HD Nitro does not leave any white stuff on anypart of youtr Model S - you should apply it on the paint, the windows, the lights, the hd camera ect.

The day after it is just to whipe it over - no polishing or anything. it will be so smmoth that you barrely belive it.

Here is a picture of my car 8 months after appying HD Nitro (15.000 km) - does not need to use whipers anymore when raining.
DSC_0562_small.jpg

DSC_0558_small.jpg

this car does not have any wax or like applyed afterwards, only washed in wather with sulfo once in a while.

- - - Updated - - -

her is a another one
DSC_0588_small.jpg

just sold it - wish brown was still an option, as Im about to order a new.

Last edited:
He did Opti-coat because I did Opti-coat. There's a thread somewhere in these forums that debates the pros and cons between several of the paint protection options and I decided that Opti-coat fit my wants and price point.

Cerie--How do you find those forums? The search bar at the top give way too much info. Do you know where it is?
Thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for the info. Has he been happy with the Opti-coat application?? And has he had other products applied to his cars to compare.
Thanks again for the advice.

Full Service Car Wash Arlington Locations

Capitol Shine
My dad's in Bethesda and he got his Model S coated by them. Owner's name is Rob. Price is extremely fair at 495.

I haven't asked him about what he thinks but I can tell you that personally, I love it. My detailer in Connecticut did a great job and my black Model S looks flawless and extremely shiny. My husband washed it for the first time last week and he said that it is noticeably easier to wash. Since it gets pretty cold up here in the winter, it's nice to be able to not have to spend too much time in the garage maintaining the car. I did not want to spend upwards of 3000 on a wrap, not to mention that I believe you still have to wax wrapped cars for it to have that super shiny look. My dad has notoriously not taken good care of his cars in the past and he is a pretty frugal guy so the fact that he actually paid money for something "superficial" for his car kind of speaks for itself.

As far as those other threads, all you have to type in the search is Opti-coat vs. and a bunch of them should pop up. I think this has been an ongoing discussion for a long time.

Those are some really beautiful pictures. How often did you reapply the solution? Or did you??

I applyed it 2 times in the spring (8 months back) - I guess within a month between each time.. Since then I have washed the car once every month with ordinary sulfo/soap and dryed it afterwards with a towel. nothing else.
never applyed wax, or any other coatings after wash.

The pictures you see above are not waxed and taken here in october - that mean 7-8 months after the HD nitro treatment, it was washed a few days before the pictures - not the same day as I took the pictures.

wish I could reorder the brown