Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla opening a store in Newport Beach?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Tesla has 11 dealers in the U.S., including San Diego and Los Angeles.

As usual, the article's author isn't able to, or doesn't want to, grasp that the company-owned stores aren't dealerships. Maybe I'm being overly sensitive, and people are using the term "dealer" in a generic sense, but it's undermining what I see as a significant difference between Tesla's approach to selling their products and that of all of the other car companies, who are using dealers to hawk their wares. When I compare my poor to middling experiences with car dealers to the excellent relationship I have with the people that work at the Seattle Tesla Store, well, I'll take a company-owned operation any day.
The company has emerged as a primary rival to Irvine’s Fisker Automotive Inc., which has some hybrid cars in the works.

Like fingernails on my mental chalkboard. It's Fisker that's a wannabe rival to Tesla, not vice versa. Who has got cars currently in production? Who has slipped their production schedule?

I'm preaching to the choir here, but every once in a while I feel the need to release a little steam. :biggrin:

As usual, the article's author isn't able to, or doesn't want to, grasp that the company-owned stores aren't dealerships. Maybe I'm being overly sensitive, and people are using the term "dealer" in a generic sense, but it's undermining what I see as a significant difference between Tesla's approach to selling their products and that of all of the other car companies, who are using dealers to hawk their wares. When I compare my poor to middling experiences with car dealers to the excellent relationship I have with the people that work at the Seattle Tesla Store, well, I'll take a company-owned operation any day.

Like fingernails on my mental chalkboard. It's Fisker that's a wannabe rival to Tesla, not vice versa.

Local vs out of town rival. Fisker are the hometown boys.

I say" dealer" as often as I say "store". It's a tough habit to break. On the good side Iv'e pretty much licked saying "gas" pedal.

I agree with you on all accounts though.

No attributable source on the SD store.

Bailman,

It does seem Downey is the final choice for the Model S plant but only because they are getting a lot of press. No decision has been announced though.

As for Newport, the guys at the LA store say that there are stores planned for Newport and San Diego soon.

Tesla electric car dealer opens in O.C.

Tesla Motors on Wednesday officially opened the doors at its Newport Beach store, at 1100 West Coast Highway. The store was formerly occupied by a Rolls-Royce dealer, which moved across the street from John Wayne Airport.

The Newport Beach store is Tesla’s eighth U.S. sales location, and like the rest of its locales, is owned directly by the San Carlos-based maker of electric automobiles.

...Party for EV-Maker's Newport Beach, Calif., Store
TeslaNBDealership2-thumb-650x433.jpg