Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Which stock wheels are the most aerodynamic?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla used to offer these Aero wheels. Though as far as I can gather they don't sell them anymore. But perhaps someone is willing to sell you a set if you post in the Marketplace/Want to buy section here on TMC...

aeros.jpg

Image credit: DrGuest (TMC alias)

You can find a larger, higher definition version of this image (as well as more images) here:

Aero wheels - Post #533 | TMC

(And more images still in the rest of that thread.)

Can you order new ones from the factory (in Italy?) from the service centre? In that case I would order a set without the paint. Then I would powder coat (or some such) those wheels in some gun metal finish. That way I wouldn't get that IMO unpreferable dark grey contrasting polished aluminum look.

Sorry, don't know whether or not you can.

Sorry, don't know whether or not you can.

I know I would have been dissappointed beyond belief if Tesla had tried to give me those for my winter tires last year. I would have refused to take them. I think at lot of those who got them will gladly trade for a regular 19" or sell i cheaply? I know a lot of these were delivered late last year to Norway since many people had orderer factory winter wheels with their cars and it was on back-order.

I know I would have been dissappointed beyond belief if Tesla had tried to give me those for my winter tires last year. I would have refused to take them. I think at lot of those who got them will gladly trade for a regular 19" or sell i cheaply? I know a lot of these were delivered late last year to Norway since many people had orderer factory winter wheels with their cars and it was on back-order.

I would have like a set of those wheels without the winter tires (but not at $3200).