Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hello from Saint Paul, Minnesota

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Unfortunately, I do not YET own a Tesla, nor do I have one on order.

About a month ago, I was driving with my younger son (13) and we noticed a unique looking car next to us - after looking more closely, we realized it was a Tesla. At this point, I had heard they existed, but didn't know much about them.

It got me thinking, and I started looking into them.

And then last week, I had a chance to take one for a test drive. WOW!!!!! This is a great car, and I want it to be my next vehicle. I'm kind of a tech geek, which in my book means I appreciate the latest technology, even if I don't immediately adopt it.

The feeling I had when I first drove the Tesla reminded me of when I first drove a Saab (in 1986). I was hooked and wanted one. I purchased my first Saab in 1990 and eventually went on to own 4. I left the brand in 2008 after the quality severely suffered (shortly after Saab and a US vehicle manufacturer joined forces). I now drive a Hyundai, which I like. BUT it's not a Tesla.

But - I'm watching the Teslas for sale section here as well as any information I can find on the Model 3. I think I've built a Tesla online about 5 times already. This is definitely a car worth owning.

I plan to hang out on this message board and watch things; eventually I'll be able to say "I ordered mine."

Tom

Welcome to the board Tom!

Glad you had a chance to test one out.

If you ever want to ask any questions of local owners just send me a message. We have a very active group of local owners that would be happy to answer any questions about driving the Model S in Minnesota.
A couple of our members are expecting their P85Ds in December so they can answer questions about the AWD if you are curious.

Hi Tom-
I too am from Minnesota, Hastings to be exact. I am currently a 2014 Volt driver who would like the next car to be a true long range BEV. I am thinking the Model X would be too big for me as I drive alone 90% of the time. I have been seeing more Model S around Hastings lately than Volts's which is quite a surprise. Will probably wait for the Model III.