Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Email with Dashboard status change

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I keep obsessively checking the Dashboard multiple times a day. I know it is not going to make the car come any faster. From those that have gone through it, when it finally flip to production do you automatically get an email? Knowing that would maybe help in not being so obsessive about it, but just maybe. Thanks

Hilarious... I'm in the same shoes. I have that tab open in my browser and refresh it at least 2-3 times a day. I would like to know too! Maybe people like us are the reason that site is so slow. Everyone says the DS is the person that really will let you know or be more current that the site. Mine told me she'd be calling me about a month out so I can make sure to get financing setup in that 30-day window. I'm scheduled for "December" but we're already halfway through what could be 30 days out.

I had an S85 on order for December 13 delivery before the D model was announced. On October 10 my status changed from Reservation XXX to VIN #XXX. There was no notification, but it appears that Tesla issues the VIN just about 60 days from delivery. I did switch to S85D, so I expect to get the VIN at the end of this month or early December for February delivery.

Glad to see I'm in good company. I check so frequently during the day I felt like a kid before Christmas. Until the announced pause in production on their blog, I had no idea when to expect my delivery date. But now that they're up and running again with a rate of 1000 cars/week, we should all be moving to "In Production" fairly soon. I had been calling my DS every Monday since confirmation to get something more concrete than "December."

Last edited:
I ordered my original P85+ back in July!!! and have been checking at least 5-6 times a day since then... you think I'm obsessing much?
I saw my P85+ go through all the stages and be 'prepping for delivery or pick up' on Oct.7... and then switched out to the P85D on Oct.10.

Went to see my prev build the other day... it arrived here a few weeks back. Sweet looking car :)

Can't wait for this to end! hahahah

I checked "Confirm my Order" for a Model S 85 KWH on 11-19-14 and the next day VIN 66077 was assigned and I have a 12-27-14 delivery estimate. For many reasons (mostly planning to sell my current car, get financing, qualifying for Tax Credit, etc I am anxious to get some G2 on when actual delivery will occur at the Tampa SC. I figure 1 week for final assembly and 1 week to get my car from CA to FL. If anyone took delivery of a model S in the last few days of Nov. it would help me to know your VIN #.

I checked "Confirm my Order" for a Model S 85 KWH on 11-19-14 and the next day VIN 66077 was assigned and I have a 12-27-14 delivery estimate. For many reasons (mostly planning to sell my current car, get financing, qualifying for Tax Credit, etc I am anxious to get some G2 on when actual delivery will occur at the Tampa SC. I figure 1 week for final assembly and 1 week to get my car from CA to FL. If anyone took delivery of a model S in the last few days of Nov. it would help me to know your VIN #.

I live in Ormond Beach. Here's the timeline of my order for Model S 85.

8/15/2014 Ordered & confirmed
10/30/2014 Vin 57200 assigned
11/11/2014 In production
11/13/2014 Being prepared for shipment
11/29/2014 Arrived at Longwood, Fl SC
12/02/2014 Picking up Model S at Longwood Sc

Last edited by a moderator:
My 85D delivery estimate made a minor (and unwelcome, sigh) change from "February 2015" to "Late February 2015" with no email update.

I wonder if the slip is due to greater-than-expected demand for the P85D. (Yes, I know, this barely even qualifies as a "slip".)

My dashboard changed from "queue" to "production" on 12/13/14. I am pretty confident I will be able to take delivery on 12/26 or 12/27. I was very happy to learn that I will be able to access websites on the Model S with Tech Package via AT&T 3G service that is free for 4 years.