Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help setting up a Texas mass email for Texans

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If anyone can help as I know I have seen these type of things before, but didn't know how to set it up. The Texas Legislature is going to reconvene for the first time in two years and it is our second opportunity to try and make a change to allow Teslas be legally sold in the state. If we miss this opportunity it will be at least another two years. The winds are change are not extremely favorable as the new Governor and Lt. Governor were not supportive of the Tesla Legislation last time.

My question is how do we setup a link were someone could enter their Texas address and it would tell them who their representatives are, and be able to easily send an email or a prewritten email letter asking their representative to allow competition and free trade and allow Tesla to sell directly in the state? I know I have seen similar campaigns before, but I don't have the foggiest how to set it up, so if anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

If anyone can help as I know I have seen these type of things before, but didn't know how to set it up. The Texas Legislature is going to reconvene for the first time in two years and it is our second opportunity to try and make a change to allow Teslas be legally sold in the state. If we miss this opportunity it will be at least another two years. The winds are change are not extremely favorable as the new Governor and Lt. Governor were not supportive of the Tesla Legislation last time.

My question is how do we setup a link were someone could enter their Texas address and it would tell them who their representatives are, and be able to easily send an email or a prewritten email letter asking their representative to allow competition and free trade and allow Tesla to sell directly in the state? I know I have seen similar campaigns before, but I don't have the foggiest how to set it up, so if anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks
i am sure you have nothing but good intentions. however i would be very uncomfortable if we set up a data base of email addresses that could be used for different purposes. it is very easy to find out who your representatives are. i cannot believe a lack of this knowledge would stop anyone from finding out if they cared. if they dont care, they will not call. you can use this site to publicize the drive to call your representatives. how do others feel about this?

Tesla staff working with the legislature have told interested owners in Austin that they will get us and others around the state involved when they think the time is right. They know how to reach us and know we're ready and eager to help. In addition to asking us to make calls and emails, there will be a Tesla day at the Capitol. Stay tuned.

I wasn't meaning to suggest setting up a way a database or collect personal info. What I was envisioning was a webpage that you could enter your address it would pull your representatives up and with a click on a tab next to each representative could send them a prewritten email that you could modify if you desired. I know I have seen similar pages / campaigns in the past. Last time Tesla was before the legislature the Texas Automobile Dealers Association really put the pressure on and spent, if I recall close to $1 million lobbying legislators against the bill. I thought if we made it extremely easy for Texans to identify and send an email to their representatives, they could realize that it is not a small number of people who wish the opportunity to buy directly from Tesla. I know many of us are very busy, and the easier for people to participate to some degree the more participation we would get.

I think this is what you are looking for:

Texas Senators, Representatives, and Congressional District Maps - GovTrack.us

I wasn't meaning to suggest setting up a way a database or collect personal info. What I was envisioning was a webpage that you could enter your address it would pull your representatives up and with a click on a tab next to each representative could send them a prewritten email that you could modify if you desired. I know I have seen similar pages / campaigns in the past. Last time Tesla was before the legislature the Texas Automobile Dealers Association really put the pressure on and spent, if I recall close to $1 million lobbying legislators against the bill. I thought if we made it extremely easy for Texans to identify and send an email to their representatives, they could realize that it is not a small number of people who wish the opportunity to buy directly from Tesla. I know many of us are very busy, and the easier for people to participate to some degree the more participation we would get.

Thanks

I will say it was discouraging when both the Republican and Democrat candidates for Governor were both in favor of the status quo (Read campaign contributions) Instead of making a stand for what is right on an issue that is so popular with people across the political spectrum.