Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Curious - what hardware upgrades have they performed on the Model S thus far?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We know about the new features they can't and won't retrofit (auto pilot, AWD, power charging port door, etc) but I'm curious what hardware upgrades have they provided for free for cars on the service plan / under warranty in the last two years? I know about the titanium plate that got all the hype - what else?

We know about the new features they can't and won't retrofit (auto pilot, AWD, power charging port door, etc) but I'm curious what hardware upgrades have they provided for free for cars on the service plan / under warranty in the last two years? I know about the titanium plate that got all the hype - what else?
At least 3 generations of door handles have gone on my car free of charge

@Early - Curious about the revised dome lights? Haven't heard of that one. Also, what's your experience with the AC sound blanket?

One of my dome lights died. Rather than just replace the bad one the service center replaced all four. They said the supplier had changed and they were concerned the light output would look different. Impressive attention to detail.

A/C blanket and bracket helped immensely. More info here:
It's that time again - embarrassing loud AC compressor - Page 4

Also, what's your experience with the AC sound blanket?

major difference. SOOOOOOOOO much quieter now. thank god they fixed that.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for the input - anything else? Seems like other than the door handles, not much 'important' stuff has been upgraded in the last few years.

they upgraded my rotors to heavier ones due to a squeal I had.

they also gave us free floor mats.

Sorry but most of the items posted here are not upgrades but warranty fixes because of a failure. Also battery protection provided to all owners. There have been *no* hardware upgrades provided as part of service plan.

They are upgrades in the sense that a newer, better designed part is available (v2 door handles, dome lights, defroster vents, brake rotors, battery shield, etc), so when you bring your car in for service they swap them out for the newer, better part.

They are not upgrades in the sense of "we've added some parking sensors to your car since those are included in the tech package now."

What kind of hardware upgrades were you expecting?

Please don't go off on a tangent on future repairs. I'm talking about hardware upgrades done to cars thus far. Thanks!
smile.gif