Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Android App now has slider for Set Charge Limit

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

scottm

Legacy account
Jun 13, 2014
Canada
It used to give a choice for Standard or Max Range.

Now (Android) App has a slider under "Set Charge Limit" with suggested ranges for what a Daily or Trip charge is considered to be. Still no quantity / metric being shown (i.e. actual percentage).. just a slider with a vague position pointing to a battery. We assume the extreme right is full must be 100% because there aint no more room to slide. But other than that... it's "more or less full" than the diagram shows.

When did that change happen?

I don't recall taking a new version of App from the store... so this is something they've done server side and the App is just another kind of special browser.

... it would be cool if you slide past the right edge of the battery a Ranger shows up with a bigger battery pack to install, and an invoice. Seamless hardware ordering and upgrade process.

I noticed it last week. Most likely you have your phone set to allow automatic app updates. It does have the little 10% marks... so you can dial it in with a little accuracy

- - - Updated - - -

Dude, the app has been like this for months.
Mine hasn't. The iPhone app had it months ago, but not Android. At least, not mine

I noticed it last week. Most likely you have your phone set to allow automatic app updates. It does have the little 10% marks... so you can dial it in with a little accuracy

- - - Updated - - -

Mine hasn't. The iPhone app had it months ago, but not Android. At least, not mine

Ah ok - makes sense! I have an iPhone. The thread starter didn't mention this, I just assume most people have an iPhone so didn't even think about it.

Yup, I see now that my Android Tesla App got updated Nov.7 on my device to V2.1 78

I must have auto-updating enabled... I'll have to check that out and disable.

I take back what I said about being a server-side feature and the app being just a fancy browser: I'm sorry Tesla App.

Last edited: