Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Good price for used grey 21s?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

ckessel

Jan 15, 2011
I've got grey 21" rims, with rim rash, that I'm thinking of selling once my current set of tires wear out and just going purely with 19s. My question is what to sell them for?

I was debating getting the rim rash repaired first, but you rarely make back what you spend on that sort of thing, so instead I thought I'd get a quote to get it repaired when I list it. I think it's around $150/rim.

Tesla doesn't list the rims separately anymore, but rims/tires is $5500 so I think the rims alone are about $4000. Used without rash maybe 60-70% of new, so with rash, maybe 50% of new?

Last edited:
I've got grey 21" rims, with rim rash, that I'm thinking of selling once my current set of tires wear out and just going purely with 19s. My question is what to sell them for?

I was debating getting the rim rash repaired first, but you rarely make back what you send on that sort of thing, so instead I thought I'd get a quote to get it repaired when I list it. I think it's around $150/rim.

Tesla doesn't list the rims separately anymore, but rims/tires is $5500 so I think the rims alone are about $4000. Used without rash maybe 60-70% of new, so with rash, maybe 50% of new?

Going price of rashless 21" rims with serviceable tires was $2500-$3000 a year ago.

I just sold the 2nd pair of my four 21" grey rims. Two of them had very slight curb rash, so I paid to have all four of them recoated at a cost of $500 total. They were absolutely flawless when completed, since they were just carried home and stored inside after the recoating.

I think the value for used 21's is declining from a year ago, as more and more people downgrade to the 19's.

I sold the four in two pairs to P85+ owners who wanted to no longer have a staggered configuration. Between the four wheels, I obtained only $2100, less the $500 hit for refinishing. All in all, I received far less than I had hoped for the 21's. I probably waited too long. I shouldn't have driven my OEM 21's until the factory tires wore out. I should have decided as soon as I got the S to downgrade and sold them, with the OEM intact tires, a year ago.