Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Wanted (WTB) and For Trade (WTT) listings should now be posted in one of the Marketplace categories. To post a WTB or WTT trade thread, please click here, then choose the category most appropriate for your listing, and then select the appropriate listing type.

WTB: Roadster Double Din Binnacle

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just to be a little more clear. I'm looking for this part:

SFEJkzX.jpg

Other than the double-DIN binnacle/bezel, you also need vents, A/C ducts, and your dash modified. Al and Ed's have all that in stock and can do the work. I'm in the process of having the conversion done myself, but living in Phoenix it was too costly to send the car to West Hollywood and back.

I found an Elise dash on eBay and sent it to a CF shop in Ohio that has worked on a lot of Lotuses to modify the dash. They also sold me the vents and A/C ducts. I found the binnacle from another member here, but still had to track down the other parts.

Local Tesla Service Center wanted an outrageous amount to do the conversion ($5000-$6000, I think) but were willing to perform it nonetheless.

Good luck!

Al and Ed's have all that in stock and can do the work.

They have the Tesla factory Double-Din binnacle and vents in stock? Do you happen to know which Al&Ed's location?

I found an Elise dash on eBay and sent it to a CF shop in Ohio that has worked on a lot of Lotuses to modify the dash. They also sold me the vents and A/C ducts. I found the binnacle from another member here, but still had to track down the other parts.

Could you share the shop name?

I have a spare binnacle and a spare AC cover. The vent flaps are supplied separately and I don't have those.

binnacle.jpg

ac cover.jpg

I'm open to offers.....:smile:

P.S. also have some other interior pieces such as the side "waterfalls", instrument cluster cover, center housing and door sills, and OEM (non-hid) headlights. All are from my 2.5.

swbooking, I got my pieces yesterday from Tesla in Fremont. Keep in mind, you need more than just the aesthetics to do the upgrade.

You'll either need to cut the vent cutout in the black metal support next to the airbag or install the new metal support which you'd need to buy from Tesla.

Cutting would require ensuring nothing burns that is attached to the support and option 2 looks like it requires removal of the airbag. Doesn't look like this is a simple task.

image1.JPG

image2.JPG