Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Paint correction, wrap, backup installation in Chicago metro - any suggestions?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

tomas

Out of warranty...
Supporting Member
Oct 22, 2012
Santa Barbara/New York
HELP, I'm trying to find a top-notch shop in Chicago area (preferably in or near city) to correct all my paint flaws, wrap car, and install aftermarket backup (and maybe also blind spot) detection.

The body shops I've used in past for paint and collision inspire no trust in this area... when I say paint correction they do not know what I'm talking about, and for every question the answer is "I've got a guy I bring in to do that". I would appreciate any referrals.

According to the Xpel website, Body Skins in Elgin appears to be an Xpel authorized and high volume company. There are a few others noted if you go to the Xpel website.

In terms of correction, I don't know what to tell you other than that there is a great guy in Peoria who can deliver excellent results in terms of paint correction; he doesn't wrap, though. If I were in the business, I'd correct your car for you!

Not sure that this will help, but ABT in Glenview has a very solid mobile area. John Samp is the manager there. They can certainly do the aftermarket backup as well as the wrap. I don't know if they do correction as well though.

For just wrap, Brian King with Tufgard in Schaumburg is excellent. His phone number is 630-849-6168. He did a full wrap on mine. I assume he has someone do correction prior if desired, but I know that he himself doesn't.