Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Did anyone feel a pinch after TM made a change to inventory car selling lately?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All

Just bought an inventory car with savings $1/mile + 1% discount for every month.

It is not even 2 weeks since I bought the car now TM announced deeper cuts on the inventory cars $1/mile + 2% discount for every month on inventory cars that does not have auto pilot features.

Just wondering if anyone felt a pinch just like me.

Thanks

Hi All

Just bought an inventory car with savings $1/mile + 1% discount for every month.

It is not even 2 weeks since I bought the car now TM announced deeper cuts on the inventory cars $1/mile + 2% discount for every month on inventory cars that does not have auto pilot features.

Just wondering if anyone felt a pinch just like me.

Thanks

Imagine that. Tesla pricing to sell their pre autopilot cars quickly to make room for the new models.

I am sure the pinch was felt by all who bought a new car and expected it to not rapidly depreciate in value... :)

Got ours 5 weeks ago, tried to talk the wife into getting another...

Did you get 1% discount per month or did you get 2% discount.

That is a small difference but depending on the total value of the car it is abut $4000-5000.

Just wondering.

- - - Updated - - -

Imagine that. Tesla pricing to sell their pre autopilot cars quickly to make room for the new models.

I am sure the pinch was felt by all who bought a new car and expected it to not rapidly depreciate in value... :)

I somehow felt that it was a typical dealership behavior...so far TM has been fair to give all inventory cars according to one calculation and I bought one.

Now in order to get rid of the cars with no auto pilot features they are offering steep discount and different calculation

Did you get 1% discount per month or did you get 2% discount.

That is a small difference but depending on the total value of the car it is abut $4000-5000.

Just wondering.

- - - Updated - - -

I somehow felt that it was a typical dealership behavior...so far TM has been fair to give all inventory cars according to one calculation and I bought one.

Now in order to get rid of the cars with no auto pilot features they are offering steep discount and different calculation
This is not "dealership behavior", this is economics. When there is a newer version of anything the older version is worth less than the newer version. There is nothing wrong, sleazy, deceitful, or any other dealership adjective you want to use with Tesla discounting the non-autopilot equipped cars more than they did previously, or more than the newer ones with autopilot. Your car was worth to you the price you paid at the time you paid it, or you wouldn't have bought it. Enjoy it.

This is not "dealership behavior", this is economics. When there is a newer version of anything the older version is worth less than the newer version. There is nothing wrong, sleazy, deceitful, or any other dealership adjective you want to use with Tesla discounting the non-autopilot equipped cars more than they did previously, or more than the newer ones with autopilot. Your car was worth to you the price you paid at the time you paid it, or you wouldn't have bought it. Enjoy it.

First of all I am enjoying my car

When I was asking Tesla about buying a car ... I asked for an inventory car and I asked for one without auto pilot features...

This request was made long time ago and final push was done after the event where Elon announced auto pilot features

If you look at my signature the delivery was on Oct 18th... I specifically asked them if I should wait till the end of the year and all they told me is that $1 /mile + 1% discount is all they can offer and will not go below it.

I was just little disappointed with that decision to offer steeper discounts 2 weeks later I bought the car..

Please do not think I am bitching about the purchase and I am not...

I wish the salesperson told me to wait till the end of the year

First of all I am enjoying my car

When I was asking Tesla about buying a car ... I asked for an inventory car and I asked for one without auto pilot features...

This request was made long time ago and final push was done after the event where Elon announced auto pilot features

If you look at my signature the delivery was on Oct 18th... I specifically asked them if I should wait till the end of the year and all they told me is that $1 /mile + 1% discount is all they can offer and will not go below it.

I was just little disappointed with that decision to offer steeper discounts 2 weeks later I bought the car..

Please do not think I am bitching about the purchase and I am not...

I wish the salesperson told me to wait till the end of the year
Other people wish the salesperson told them to wait till the D/Auto pilot was announced, if they gave the warning to anyone buying within 2 weeks before a feature/price change came out then the people 3 weeks out would be the ones complaining, 1 month then 5 weeks out would be complaining, eventually Tesla would be giving 8 month warnings and a lot fewer cars will be sold during this warning period.

Word of the wise, when buying tech, cars hell even houses once you've made your purchase just stop shopping for the item, you'll just piss yourself off.

Other people wish the salesperson told them to wait till the D/Auto pilot was announced, if they gave the warning to anyone buying within 2 weeks before a feature/price change came out then the people 3 weeks out would be the ones complaining, 1 month then 5 weeks out would be complaining, eventually Tesla would be giving 8 month warnings and a lot fewer cars will be sold during this warning period.

Word of the wise, when buying tech, cars hell even houses once you've made your purchase just stop shopping for the item, you'll just piss yourself off.

Well even the sales person was kind of surprised that they would start offering 2% discount.

Anyways lesson learnt.

I posted this thread to see if anyone felt the same