Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Smart Charging Pilot for EV Owners in Toronto

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For all the Tesla owners in Toronto here... CrossChasm Technologies is collaborating with the Ontario Ministry of Energy on a smart charging pilot, and is looking for 30 participants from the Toronto area. Participants are rewarded by having their Level 2 EVSE upgraded to a WiFi networked charging station (kind of like the Nest thermostat of EV chargers), FleetCarma electric vehicle monitoring for 1-year, and a complimentary MyCarma myEV logger.

Essentially, the benefit to you is:
- you get a free $3500 Level 2 smart charger upgrade. It would allow you to manage charging schedules remotely through a web portal/app, and provides more detailed usage data
- our fleet-grade EV monitoring system provides accurate consumption stats, your battery's state of health, state-of-charge and charging analysis, an available range breakdown, and driver feedback
- our myEV logger provides social features such as the ability to request unplugs (using a QR code window sticker) and the ability to share your EV stats on social networks

You can read more about the pilot at http://www.crosschasm.com/chargeto/.

Let me know if you have any questions/comments/feedback!

I'd sign up, but it makes more sense for someone who uses more than the 8kWh I do daily.

I always align my recharging to make best use of the wind and excess base load Nuclear available overnight anyway, so I'm already doing what this pilot looks to be attempting (aligning charge with demand troughs).

I'd sign up, but it makes more sense for someone who uses more than the 8kWh I do daily.

I always align my recharging to make best use of the wind and excess base load Nuclear available overnight anyway, so I'm already doing what this pilot looks to be attempting (aligning charge with demand troughs).

We're actually looking to capture a wide range of data - not just from users who charge a lot or primarily during peak hours. Having people at the other end of the spectrum would be extremely useful for us, so if you are withholding because you feel your data wouldn't be of much use, just know that is not the case. :)

I signed up and they came to install the metering in the car. They could not do it in mine as I had the console...would not fit. I had to drop out.

The Tesla console, I take it? You have to remove the little cubby box under the 17" screen to attach their dongle and I believe the Tesla console is permanently mounted and might prevent that. (But then I wonder how Tesla Service gets to that connector if the need to?). The Teslacessories after-market console just lifts out.

Yes its the Tesla console... looks nice but really not much more practical than the aftermarket...you can't put a bottle of water in the cubby and close the sliding door. Coffee cups don't fit, they fall through,(unless you get the largest size from Tim's) so in reality its decoration and some limited storage.