Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla floor mats

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There seems to be some improvement in the stock floor mats. Are they as good or better than Lloyd's luxe series? Suggestions.

The ones that came with my car in March 2013 were terrible... and no rear mats were provided. I bough the Lloyd's and am quite happy. At a later service visit, they dropped a set of new and improved front and rear mats in the car for me. They are much better than what came with the car, but I'm sticking with the Lloyd's.

Can't say, but I agree with mknox; the ones I got with delivery were absolutely comical. I used them for the rest of the winter and bought Cocomats after helping out with the pattern. Bought the Tesla winter mats for the next winter. I can't imagine the new ones being as good as Lloyds, though.

I have an early Sig which came with pretty cheap mats. They were replaced twice by the service center with supposedly better ones but they are all crap. The last set they added velcro to, but they still crumple up under the pedals and the velcro only makes it worse. I looked on the Tesla Gear Shop and the winter mats look like they have actual holes for hooks. Do the newer cars have hooks welded to the floor to hold mats?

Unclfuzzy,

Mine does not have any anchors. But to be honest, the winter mats do not seem to slide or if any, very little. Mine fit very well, and I think the riser that extends over the dead pedal prevents it from sliding forward. I have not felt compelled at any point to screw any anchors into the floor.

I now have three sets of Tesla mats. The originals, the "upgrades" they provided free and the short-lived "luxury" mats that they sold on the store. While overpriced (no surprise there), they've worked really well, stay put, and have been a nice addition to the car.

I used them all last winter but I think I'll swap them out for the free upgraded mats so they don't get so trashed with snow and mud this season.