Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any aftermarket solution for a aluminum pedals?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Somebody asked an interesting question in the other thread, which I never saw answered: Are the metal pedals a stock Mercedes / Daimler-Benz element, much like the column stalks? That would certainly provide an avenue for acquiring them, if so.

There is THIS, which is awesome... I ordered it from formytesla.com

Attachments

• FootrestPhotoMed.jpg
    FootrestPhotoMed.jpg
    669.2 KB · Views: 1,142
That site only appears to sell the dead pedal, not the brake and accelerator pedals.

@JakeP, does the sill protector show scuff marks? Sometimes stainless steel will show wear marks fairly readily (which is why using stainless steel for countertop surfaces in home kitchens is not a good idea, IMHO). But it sounds like you are happy with yours. How long have you had them?

I wish someone made metal sill protectors for the Roadster. The carbon fiber ones are pretty expensive.

The sill protectors do show scuff marks. I should have covered them with XPel before installation, like I planned to do. But the DIY sill kit I bought from XPel wasn't wide enough, so I skipped it. Too impatient!

The brake and accelerator pedals are from Tesla service, before they stopped selling them to non-P owners.

The sill protectors do show scuff marks. I should have covered them with XPel before installation, like I planned to do. But the DIY sill kit I bought from XPel wasn't wide enough, so I skipped it. Too impatient!

The brake and accelerator pedals are from Tesla service, before they stopped selling them to non-P owners.

Jake, those look awesome. Did you get the LED lighted door sills? If yes, how difficult was to install them? I am not particularly handy, but would take on a minor project. On the site they mention installation is based on double-sided adhesive tape - does it work well on the sills?

Thanks

Tape works great on the sills, and the dead pedal. I opted for the non-illuminated sills, because the wiring was a bit more than I wanted to take on. If you have the ambient lighting option, the shiny TESLA letters reflect the downward door LED lights, and cast a TESLA reflection up onto the door...looks very cool. Do put Xpel on them if you want to prevent scratches in the finish from gritty boots.

Aviators99, I would assume that a P owner could order those parts, but then again, I don't see why anyone wouldn't be allowed to order metal pedals. Totally at the whim of Tesla and the individual Service Center, I imagine.