Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

News: first Model S crashed in HK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
http://hk.apple.appledaily.com/realtime/breaking/20141110/53113552 :scared:
1415601445_af08.jpg

My friend knows the guy who crashed it, he's also like me in the tech industry. My collegue got a few good pics of it!

My girlfriend just told me you better not crash yours like that but I told her! At least we're in the safest car in the world if i do!

- - - Updated - - -

ouch...
1403417_10152855420485908_4347371638146643446_o.jpg

Hope all those involved are OK.
Certainly be careful but is there a consensus that the Model S is underbraked?

There is no such consensus. The Model S has excellent brakes, and in addition the regen braking kicks in instantly as you lift your foot off the accelerator so the car begins braking much quicker than conventional cars.

Thats what I said about the stock P+ brakes before when I tested it they can not stop the big heavy car quick.
How so? The Motor Trend braking test on the stock P85 60-0 mph was 113 feet / 34 meters, which is a likely a slightly shorter than the BMW you currently drive. It's definitely a very heavy car and braking challenged, but it seems to be in the same class as, or slightly better than, larger BMW, Audi or Mercedes models.

How so? The Motor Trend braking test on the stock P85 60-0 mph was 113 feet / 34 meters, which is a likely a slightly shorter than the BMW you currently drive. It's definitely a very heavy car and braking challenged, but it seems to be in the same class as, or slightly better than, larger BMW, Audi or Mercedes models.
My F10 is only 1650kg. 350kg lighter.
was that test with 4 people in the car or just 1?
also don't forget if he had 4 people in it that makes the Tesla over 2350kg.
In that photo I don't see any tire skid marks so looks like he did not do the hard braking emergence stop.

- - - Updated - - -

can not go that fast on the corner must be under 40km also that road max is 50km.