Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Auction - Roadster 2.5 - Vin #1261 - Salvage

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm thinking about bidding on this 2.5 just for it's ESS (yes I know it's an 2.5 and not 1.5) but I have a plan for it. Anyone else interested in the other parts and could give me their lowest they would pay for it? It would give me an idea of how high my max bid should be.

I took at look at this car last week, the car had no key present when I checked it out (I didn’t have time to ask for them to get it from the office I was late for a meeting). The ESS/VDS/VMS are all off and had no power (coudn't use electronic door unlocks), and rapidly opening/closing car charge port didn’t wake up ESS/VMS. During Monday auction I will have them open the trunk to see if the ESS service disconnect is present or not, and also test the car key to see if they can turn on the car.

Also the front right wishbone (where the accident happened) one side has been has be ripped out, and there is tub body damage there. Looks very similar to this photo. So unless your some certified airplane structural engineer that handles aluminum, you can forget about repairing this car. I happen to know one, but his costs would well exceed the value of this this car even if repaired.

Last edited:
In better days:
P1261-upload.jpg

Looks rebuildable, appears some weekend wrencher yanked the seats. Most likely thrown in a Miata or silly looking track car. Unfortunately it might get bid up since its on a site (TMC) that bunches of people look at. May be better to coordinate some people, needs/wants and amount they'd put down for those parts to see what your bid ceiling can be. Would be nice to see an un-restorable Roadster parted out than one that could be thrown back on the road.

Last edited:
Looks rebuildable, appears some weekend wrencher yanked the seats. Most likely thrown in a Miata or silly looking track car. Unfortunately it might get bid up since its on a site (TMC) that bunches of people look at. May be better to coordinate some people, needs/wants and amount they'd put down for those parts to see what your bid ceiling can be. Would be nice to see an un-restorable Roadster parted out than one that could be thrown back on the road.

Seats have been tossed back into the car, my guess insurance wanted to have the inside chassis tub checked.
It will take some serous work to be rebuildable with an ripped out wishbone. Good luck finding to them finding a company to do the repairs cheaply and sign off on it. Even if they did it themselves likely I think they would have a hard time getting state patrol inspection to pass to get it back on the road (Washington state anyways.)

- - - Updated - - -

I'd be interested in the silver wheels and tires this car appears to have at the current moment (as shown on the IAAI site.)

Yep silver wheels are present, all 4 appear to be ok, can't be 100% sure on the front right if it's still perfectly round.

The interior pic taken on oct 20th shows a low battery warning, so by now it's a brick. Without the battery, I only have use for about $5K worth of body and interior parts. If someone here gets it and is parting it out, let me know.

The battery is not gonna work anymore but I think it has a great deal of value still. I'd pay for some of the interior parts, including that 2-din dash/receiver for my 1.5 and the speedometer binnacle, up to $1,000.

I think you can get nearly $5K for the bad ESS, probably at least $5-10K for the controller/motor combo (to someone who wants to install in another vehicle), all the body parts look to be about $5K, there will be a back-up A/C compressor, A/C condensor, evap coils, WOC module, GPS modules, VDS, VMS, speedometer, steering wheel, etc, I'd say you are good up to $20K if you want to put some work into parsing it out.