Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autopilot UK delivery.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm due to take delivery of my Model S in late Dec. I've had it confirmed I have the autopilot hardware included.

I'm wondering if anyone else has taken delivery yet of a Model S with autopilot hardware in the UK and if they can advise which features are currently enabled via the software?

Does anyone know when the first Model S with autopilot hardware in the UK was handed over to an owner?

I'm wondering if anyone else has taken delivery yet of a Model S with autopilot hardware in the UK and if they can advise which features are currently enabled via the software?

Autopilot hardware was added to cars built from 19 September onwards, I believe, so I expect first UK deliveries with this should be imminent (6 weeks from factory to UK delivery, typically).

The only features currently enabled are:
* advisory speed limit assist (where the car reads speed limit signs and tells you in the instrument cluster what the limit is, optionally warns you if you exceed them, but doesn't actually intervene)
* lane departure warning (where the car notices if you drift out of your lane without indicating, and vibrates the steering wheel to warn you but again doesn't intervene).

All the other features like adaptive cruise, automatic braking, lane following, park assist, automatic lane changing etc etc will come in future software upgrades. None of the features shown at the D launch event are in owners' cars yet.