Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is Tesla Prepared For 2014 Deliveries?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Vitaman

Supporting Member
Aug 9, 2014
Decatur, GA
Ruminating as I wait the long weeks before delivery.
Is the Factory prepared to make all the D's that have been ordered since 10-9-14?
I think they have been promised to be delivered before the end of 2014.
Do they look at the number and start to sweat?
Or, on the other hand, have they geared up to handle twice what is on the books so far?
Will it come down to Dec 31 with the last car being delivered t 11 PM to get the tax rebates?
Will it be close and depend on things like whether or not their supplier comes through on Grey and Tan next generation seats?
Delivery can't come soon enough. Then I can cogitate on how many grocery bags can fit in a Frunk if it is already carrying a portable charger.

Ruminating as I wait the long weeks before delivery.
Is the Factory prepared to make all the D's that have been ordered since 10-9-14?
Yes, so long as there haven't been more than 1000 P85D orders a week. They can push all non-P85D orders to next year... until they max out on P85Ds of course. That would be a high quality problem to have!

I think they have been promised to be delivered before the end of 2014.
Do they look at the number and start to sweat?
I'm certain, but this isn't their first time at this rodeo.

Or, on the other hand, have they geared up to handle twice what is on the books so far?
Tesla always has more orders on the books than they have manufacturing capacity to make.

Will it come down to Dec 31 with the last car being delivered t 11 PM to get the tax rebates?
Yes, but not because of the tax rebates - because of Tesla's need to make their numbers for the quarter, and the year. 33,000.

Will it be close and depend on things like whether or not their supplier comes through on Grey and Tan next generation seats?
Yes. That and 2,000 other parts.

Delivery can't come soon enough. Then I can cogitate on how many grocery bags can fit in a Frunk if it is already carrying a portable charger.
The answer is three.