Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ottawa: Solar investment opportunity

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I work as a volunteer with the Ottawa Renewable Energy Coop. They install solar PV systems in the Ottawa area through Ontario's FIT (feed-in tariff) program, using capital from local investors. Their Series 3 Share Offering is now under way and I thought there might be some TMC people who might be interested. The details are at the link above, but the basic idea is they use the money from the share offering to install PV systems, arrange 20-year contracts with the Ontario Power Authority with fixed pricing for the power generated, and pay a 5% annual dividend to investors.

So if you're like me and would have liked to install a PV system on your house, but the location isn't suitable for it, or if you'd just like to own a portion of a solar generation system and receive a share of the revenue from it, check out the link above. You can think of this as a way to run your electric car on sunshine "indirectly" :smile:.

This particular investment is only open to residents of Ottawa, but there are similar renewable energy coops in other cities across Canada, and they look for investors from time to time.

[Disclosure: I have invested in OREC and do volunteer work for them, but I don't receive any benefit if anyone buys shares.]