Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Paint color history?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Lamenting the loss of brown, the Tesla agent told me that the dark grey I was switching too was a pretty new color.

So I'm curious, what colors have been available and when over the life of the Model S? I'm wondering if more colors could be just around the corner. Thanks.

Besides Steel Grey replacing Tiburon Grey in August 2014, there haven't been any unannounced colors added since Model S production began. Multi-coat Red did not become available until mid-2013, but it or a similar color of red had always been planned from the beginning. Tesla was looking at paint samples this past spring with the speculation that more colors would be added, but nothing has come of it. There have been a few custom-painted cars for employees or celebrities showing that the Model S can look good in any color, but the production colors has remained very conservative. The best hope for new colors would be when the Model X is released.

Im a Brown P85 owner with lovely Lacewood interior and performance seats.

I did plan to sell my 1 year old used P85 and order at P85D - same colors/choises/seats,.

Now Im in doubt if I should sell at all, since I can not have the new car in the same color/options.
just want the dual motor and tech stuff..all the rest is just perfect.