Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Tesla Model S Quad Camera 360 Degree System

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is one of the latest products we offer. It's perfect for almost any vehicle including your Tesla!

Here is a link to the video. Check it out!

[video]http://al-eds.com/store/west-hollywood/tesla-model-s-quad-camera-360-degree-system-3/[/video]

Features the following:

360° real-time surround view image displays on the right side and a current view displays on the left side for enhanced viewing.

360° Bird-view
This system adopts the Seamless Image Junction Technology which integrates four camera views into 360-degree surround view image of a vehicle that providing real-time video output to monitors and recording.

4CH HD Cameras
This system uses four night vision and 180 viewing angle cameras which are in high-definition with auto-aperture function that adjusts the image brightness automatically.

Cycle Recording
The "Real-Time Cycle Recording System" records the 4-channel images while a vehicle is in operation using microSD(maximum 32GB) or external USB memory. When the recording time reaches the memory capacity, the system continues to record by erasing the oldest recorded information.

So we install the system and replace the rear view mirror with this.
MV431S-02.jpg

360dvr 1.jpg

Here is what the monitor in the rear view mirror would show if you were stopped at an intersection. The left side of the image is the forward facing camera. The right side of the image is the overhead "bird's eye" view. The system is able to give you a top down view by digitally stitching the image of all four cameras together into one.

360 DVR 2.jpg

This image is showing a parking situation in reverse.

As per my other post I've done some pretty thorough research on this system and talked to Max today at Al & Ed's. The complete system with installation costs about $3,000. The Rydeen360DVR hardware is about $650, and installation the rest. With four cameras to mount, wire, and set up, the installation has to be complicated, so I think this is a very fair price.

Given that I've already spent over $3,000 on repairs from parking incidents (not including rim rash), I see this as a preventive investment. The overhead view would be especially helpful in tight back-in parking situations, which I have to do twice a day. An added bonus of the overhead view would be real-time lane-change protection at speed, better even IMHO than lane change sensors. In fact being able to see the cars all around you at speed would be the closest we can pre-D owners can get to the new dash visuals on the D. Not AutoPllot for sure but good visuals of what's around you. As I'm sure this system will not work with the touchscreen (but wouldn't it be great if it could), I'm asking myself if a flip-down monitor on the roof or flip-up monitor on the dash might make a better display option that the rear view mirror.

Regrettably, Al & Ed's is 3,000 miles away. This will be a very good incentive to make the drive to California for the next TMC Connect:) Or to find a local installer.

As per my other post I've done some pretty thorough research on this system and talked to Max today at Al & Ed's. The complete system with installation costs about $3,000. The Rydeen360DVR hardware is about $650, and installation the rest. With four cameras to mount, wire, and set up, the installation has to be complicated, so I think this is a very fair price.

Given that I've already spent over $3,000 on repairs from parking incidents (not including rim rash), I see this as a preventive investment. The overhead view would be especially helpful in tight back-in parking situations, which I have to do twice a day. An added bonus of the overhead view would be real-time lane-change protection at speed, better even IMHO than lane change sensors. In fact being able to see the cars all around you at speed would be the closest we can pre-D owners can get to the new dash visuals on the D. Not AutoPllot for sure but good visuals of what's around you. As I'm sure this system will not work with the touchscreen (but wouldn't it be great if it could), I'm asking myself if a flip-down monitor on the roof or flip-up monitor on the dash might make a better display option that the rear view mirror.

Regrettably, Al & Ed's is 3,000 miles away. This will be a very good incentive to make the drive to California for the next TMC Connect:) Or to find a local installer.

Thank you for the kind words. This system really does work well. If you ever make it down to L.A. please let us know!

Just a pity that the system is not showing on the main display unit....

Working on that. I'm not optimistic that a solution can be found but it can't hurt trying.

I'm having the Rydeen system installed on my car next week, so I'll post the results here and post updates as well on progress toward the touchscreen solution.

As much as I highly regard Al & Ed's it just doesn't make sense to drive 3,000 miles to Southern California to have this done. So it will be installed locally. The estimate I've been given is $1,850 to $2,250, with the range for variation in labor costs for installing the cameras in the two side view mirrors.

I'm sure lower COA here in MD accounts for most of the installation cost difference.

Working on that. I'm not optimistic that a solution can be found but it can't hurt trying.

I'm having the Rydeen system installed on my car next week, so I'll post the results here and post updates as well on progress toward the touchscreen solution.

As much as I highly regard Al & Ed's it just doesn't make sense to drive 3,000 miles to Southern California to have this done. So it will be installed locally. The estimate I've been given is $1,850 to $2,250, with the range for variation in labor costs for installing the cameras in the two side view mirrors.

I'm sure lower COA here in MD accounts for most of the installation cost difference.

FYI artsci - we have done many tesla model S and this install takes my technicians 1.5 days (including calibration time). The side mirrors alone take 2-3 hours each!

FYI artsci - we have done many tesla model S and this install takes my technicians 1.5 days (including calibration time). The side mirrors alone take 2-3 hours each!

Thanks A-E. If I didn't live 3,000 miles away I most certainly would have had you do the install.

My installation is scheduled for January 7. They'll have my Model S for 2-3 days. I'll post a number of photos and videos when it's done.

Looks great.
What is the recording time w/ the max 32GB card? Can this record while car is parked?

My car went in for the installation today. As long as the system is on it should record while the car is parked. But once mine is operational I'll confirm.

I spoke with the tech doing the install. He is quite knowledable so the coversatioin gave me much confidence that the work is in very good hands.

My car went in for the installation today. As long as the system is on it should record while the car is parked. But once mine is operational I'll confirm.

I spoke with the tech doing the install. He is quite knowledable so the coversatioin gave me much confidence that the work is in very good hands.
What every happened to your 360º camera install? How is it working out?

Others have already shown that the rear-view camera is nothing more than an LVDS video signal coming into the Tegra that runs the main screen. If you create a device that will accept 4 camera inputs, generate an image, and output that image to one LVDS signal, you could simply unplug the rear camera, plug it and the other three cameras into that device, then plug that device into the car where the rear camera once was. Now every time you tap the button on the dash to show the rear camera, it will show whatever your device is outputting, which would be the full 4-camera view.

Thanks A-E. If I didn't live 3,000 miles away I most certainly would have had you do the install.

My installation is scheduled for January 7. They'll have my Model S for 2-3 days. I'll post a number of photos and videos when it's done.

I live about 45 min to an hour from A&E's West Hollywood but I really would like to see your install Rick. Particularly the way your installer mounts the cameras. I'm hoping they are inset more and are less noticeable. Also, one of my big worries is not having visibility of my car while parked at the market, going out for dinner with my wife, the movies etc. I'd like to be able to have recording capability when it's parked too. Optimally, remote viewing would be exceptional but I realize there's no cell or Internet connection in the car to tap into so that's just a nice to have.

Others have already shown that the rear-view camera is nothing more than an LVDS video signal coming into the Tegra that runs the main screen. If you create a device that will accept 4 camera inputs, generate an image, and output that image to one LVDS signal, you could simply unplug the rear camera, plug it and the other three cameras into that device, then plug that device into the car where the rear camera once was. Now every time you tap the button on the dash to show the rear camera, it will show whatever your device is outputting, which would be the full 4-camera view.

You could us the front facing camera connection that was used in another post where they added a rear view Tesla camera to the front and had it set as the default. It automatically switches to the rear camera when in reverse on the 17" monitor.

You could us the front facing camera connection that was used in another post where they added a rear view Tesla camera to the front and had it set as the default. It automatically switches to the rear camera when in reverse on the 17" monitor.
I was led to believe the tesla cameras were Locked and could not be used for dash cams or parking monitors. are these comments saying otherwise?

This post seems to indicate otherwise:

Model S Front Mounted Camera supplements Parking Assistance | Tesla Motors

Blackvue 650 camera systems (on another thread) seem to be achieving the dash-cam function. I asked on that thread if I could tap into the Tesla camera and not need to expose new hardware. If I understood the guidance correctly, the Tesla cams were dedicated to their purpose and not to be touched.
I like the idea of having cameras help driving, parking and security while parked. I'm just not clear where Tesla cams end and aftermarket begins.