Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Existing orders of discontinued options will NOT proceed - you MUST change your order

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well I got the bad news phone call - you cannot keep your existing order for colors or batteries or drives that are no longer available as of two days ago.

So, if you have a 60D on order, no go. A 60D or 85D in brown or green, no go.

What they are offering is a downgrade to a RWD model, or upgrade to the P85D, that they can build in 2014 for a December delivery in those colors.

No ifs, ands, or buts, that's how it is.

I'm pretty bummed myself. I was sold one-thousand-percent on the Brown. Now I have to settle for the dark grey, my second choice.

Well I got the bad news phone call - you cannot keep your existing order for colors or batteries or drives that are no longer available as of two days ago.

So, if you have a 60D on order, no go. A 60D or 85D in brown or green, no go.

What they are offering is a downgrade to a RWD model, or upgrade to the P85D, that they can build in 2014 for a December delivery in those colors.

I think that the price for a custom color is something like $8,000 and an unknown delay.

I don't understand how Tesla can make a change on an order placed and confirmed. They tend not to allow changes on orders placed so how is it they they can just back out of a signed contract and change the terms. Just doesn't seem right.

Doesn't the electronic confirmation equate to a signed contract between parties under the Uniform Electronic Transactions Act (UETA). I'm not a lawyer but I would think there is an agreement with consideration paid. So yes - a signed contract.

Doesn't the electronic confirmation equate to a signed contract between parties under the Uniform Electronic Transactions Act (UETA). I'm not a lawyer but I would think there is an agreement with consideration paid. So yes - a signed contract.

While you're probably correct on it being a contract of sorts, there's likely some fine print in there about Tesla reserving the right to make modifications with your remedy being if you don't like it they'll give you your deposit back and let you out of it...

That's what I'm thinking too. What good is the contract if it's one way? It's supposed to protect both parties. 60D confirmed in October (black, not green). Already spent considerable amounts of money on electrical upgrades for my garage. Now they won't build the car they agreed to make? I won't be spending 10K more on a 85D and don't want RWD. Guess I'll be getting my deposit back. Very disappointing that they won't follow through with their promises.

That's what I'm thinking too. What good is the contract if it's one way? It's supposed to protect both parties. 60D confirmed in October (black, not green). Already spent considerable amounts of money on electrical upgrades for my garage. Now they won't build the car they agreed to make? I won't be spending 10K more on a 85D and don't want RWD. Guess I'll be getting my deposit back. Very disappointing that they won't follow through with their promises.
Actually it's $8000 more when you consider supercharging is included in the 85 and $2000 extra in the 60 (unless the prices are different in Canadian dollars). Are you sure you don't want a 85? With the range drop in cold weather, and likely range loss over time, the range of a 60 wouldn't seem worth it to me if I lived in Canada.

I had originally ordered a Brown 60D so I'd be doubly screwed and pissed right now had I not upgraded to the Brown 85D.

I spoke with a manager at Tesla corporate tonight and when I said that if they came out with new colors anywhere near me getting my car I'd be seriously pissed off, his answer was just "yeah, Tesla is great about innovating all the time!" as if a paint color were a @#$ing new advanced feature.

I think that the price for a custom color is something like $8,000 and an unknown delay.

12k.. And unknown delay for sure right now.

I thought they totally stopped offering custom colors at least a year ago, if not more. Taking the body panels off the line to get custom painted, and brought back into production caused too many delays/problems with the regular production line... so I'm pretty sure they're no longer offering custom colors at any price. A few people got factory custom colors, but I think it's less than 10.

Was there an announcement about discontinuing (well, i mean not no longer offering, since it never shipped) a 60D? I was jus tin the configurator yesterday and 60D was still an option. And yes indeed today it is no longer there.

Not a big deal for me. But I was playing in it in case I wanted to consider upgrading to a D (it would be a regular 85D if I did). But surprised its gone since I didn't see anything "announcing" this. I also noticed that only body color and pano roof are options now. But I suppose black colored roof was deleted some time ago...

I thought they totally stopped offering custom colors at least a year ago, if not more. Taking the body panels off the line to get custom painted, and brought back into production caused too many delays/problems with the regular production line... so I'm pretty sure they're no longer offering custom colors at any price. A few people got factory custom colors, but I think it's less than 10.

They did a custom paint for George R. R. Martin (Game of Thrones) just this summer. New Factory Custom Painted Model S !!