Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Signature X Reservation Cancellation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Cottonwood

Roadster#433, Model S#S37
Feb 27, 2009
Colorado
I'm about to pull the trigger on canceling my Sig X reservation.

The X was always too big for me, but I wanted AWD. A P85D should be delivered to me in December to give me AWD way sooner than waiting for the X.

I don't have any friends or family that are interested in the Sig X; will check one more time.

Are there any suggestions on ways to use my Sig#87 place in line? How long does it take to get the refund? I asked Tesla if they would just apply the refund to my P85D; I doubt that will happen, but it does not hurt to ask.

Looks like another one of you on the Sig waiting list will be contacted soon...

I remember how long I waited for my Sig S; be patient, your X's will come.

Thank you both for moving the rest of us forward 2 more places :smile:

Joking aside, I understand the problem with the long wait. I keep staring back at the Model S order screen too even though all I really want is the Model 3

I'm about to pull the trigger on canceling my Sig X reservation.

The X was always too big for me, but I wanted AWD. A P85D should be delivered to me in December to give me AWD way sooner than waiting for the X.

I don't have any friends or family that are interested in the Sig X; will check one more time.

Are there any suggestions on ways to use my Sig#87 place in line? How long does it take to get the refund? I asked Tesla if they would just apply the refund to my P85D; I doubt that will happen, but it does not hurt to ask.

Looks like another one of you on the Sig waiting list will be contacted soon...

I remember how long I waited for my Sig S; be patient, your X's will come.

TM will definitely allow you to apply it to your in production 'D'. I asked months ago as I was sitting on the fence about an X or AWD S and have deposits on three (insane I know). A Sig X. PX and an S. My plan, that they confirmed as 'OK" was to apply the deposits to ONE vehicle once my wife and I (OK, my wife:wink:) decided which configuration she preferred to replace her SUV.

TM will definitely allow you to apply it to your in production 'D'. I asked months ago as I was sitting on the fence about an X or AWD S and have deposits on three (insane I know). A Sig X. PX and an S. My plan, that they confirmed as 'OK" was to apply the deposits to ONE vehicle once my wife and I (OK, my wife:wink:) decided which configuration she preferred to replace her SUV.

You and me both.

I just wish they'd stop the delays. My wife is so ready to stop having to get gas. Seriously, we're _this_ close to buying some other EV, maybe a Mercedes B Class Electric, to be done with gas now.

Curious: was it a full refund, or did they keep some as in the old days?
Full refund. I joked with the sales manager at our local store than I want it back in appreciated stock, given I put down the money 2 1/2 years ago :smile:
In actuality, I got back a little extra, as I put the $5K on my 1% cash-back rewards credit card and the refund came as a check.
And even better, the 5K was paid while married and I got the refund after a divorce :smile:

Last edited:
I got a refund on my Model S Reservation No. #2136 in 2012 (After I reserved the Model X - Non-Sig #268). They didn't take anything out. I got the full $5k back.

Me too. I cancelled my original Model S reservation (also 2012) way before I ordered the Model X and was refunded the full amount. It did take some time (back then). I think it took about 3 weeks.

Yeah, I thought I remembered it being way back in the early days. Maybe they dropped it once the Model S started getting ready to be delivered (they also dropped reservation price to $2500 around early 2012 IIRC)

Not a big deal but just an FYI. I put down the $5K deposit for my VIN 10,843 S in late February 2013. I believe they changed to $2,500 deposit in the summer of 2013 (exact date??)