Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hey! Vertical Doors?!?!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

jtibble

Tesla Evangelist
Aug 25, 2006
Redmond, WA
Alrighty, since this is the mods section of the site, I would like to propose a lambo-style vertical-door-mod be considered. The company at verticaldoors.com does various custom vertical door kits, and I wonder if the design of the Roadster would prevent or encourage the construction of vertical door kits...?

Any thoughts?

oooop, just looked on their site.....

Strart a group buy for VerticalDoors

- We need (10) Orders for the same car, and same year.
- Each VerticalDoors.Com Kit will be $1,599.00 each
- After we get 10 orders, we will start on the VerticalDoors.Com Kit
- Please do not email us regarding this group buy until you gather the orders.
- WE DO NOT DO CUSTOM KITS FOR INDIVIDUAL CARS

I was still curious, so I asked in a blog comment....

John Tibble wrote on September 6th, 2006 at 6:57 pm

Hey! I wanted to throw this in here before it gets buried in the comments—

Are there any plans to offer Roadsters with vertical doors (you know, the lambo-esque showstoppers)? And with the layout and door design, would it be even possible?

—-

Editor’s Answer: No and no.

yeah with all of the electronics bilut into the door, it would be really diffucult. Not just a matter of makeing a new door, but somehow remaking the existing door with the new capability, I'm sure with enough moeny it would be possible, but certainly not practical.

jtibble said:
Alrighty, since this is the mods section of the site, I would like to propose a lambo-style vertical-door-mod be considered. The company at verticaldoors.com does various custom vertical door kits, and I wonder if the design of the Roadster would prevent or encourage the construction of vertical door kits...?

Any thoughts?

That would kinda destroy the open top concept!