Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"December" Delivery still the promised date on the design studio for P85D, S85, S60?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The design studio is still promising a December delivery for P85D, S85, S60.

We are already 1 week into November. Is Tesla really going to be able to have 7-week deliveries at this point, or should this be getting updated soon?

It seems odd that people who ordered nearly a month ago saw the same estimated delivery time.

In Q4 they've got 13,000+ cars to build, and 11,000+ to deliver, to meet guidance (last quarter was 7,785 delivered, by comparison, and year to date around 22,000). Included in that is going to be this new variant (D) of the Model S. It is going to have to be a blow-out quarter.

In Q4 they've got 13,000+ cars to build, and 11,000+ to deliver, to meet guidance (last quarter was 7,785 delivered, by comparison, and year to date around 22,000). Included in that is going to be this new variant (D) of the Model S. It is going to have to be a blow-out quarter.

Which makes me very concerned about build quality.

Tesla will be pushing the new production line to the limit. Tesla says it can do 1000 cars per week. If so, then they should be able to make their original 35K deliveries for the year. I'm certain they want to do it, the logistics of it might just trip them up. The smart move is to push every possible car into this years production and then focus on making it happen. If they can't do it then they make a lot of phone calls, apologize, and push out the ones they can't make.

Go Tesla.

- - - Updated - - -

Which makes me very concerned about build quality.

Tesla will do its best. Any initial "D" buyer should consider themselves an early adopter. The good thing is that Tesla will maintain their excellent customer service for any issues that crop up.

I feel a real sense of déjà vu now. The mad scramble heading into December for many orders with some of us waiting for our (85D) cars into the new year has parallels to late 2012 when Tesla churned out as many 85s/P85s as it could back then while deferring all 60 orders to early 2013.

I do hope quality in general will be maintained - P85D or not - given the inevitable stress levels for the folks at the factory.

still waiting on my aug 22 order.... hopefully no later than the estimated dec 17. being on the east coast is brutal. its a little annoying seeing so many orders being filled ahead of me, but nothing i can really do. :crying: