Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

POLL: Do you or would leave your MS at the airport or train station?

Do you or would leave your MS at the airport or train station?

• Yes

Votes: 69 83.1%
  • No

Votes: 14 16.9%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It depends on the place, but in most cases, sure -- why not?

If you are going to be traveling for less than a month, and the lot is covered and reasonably secure -- no reason not to. I've parked a Porsche at EWR (P4) and at FLL plenty of times.

Generally nowadays I just do the math comparing the cost of long term parking to taking a cab (or uber), and do whatever is cheaper -- which obviously varies by length of trip.

I leave mine parked at SD airport if it's a quick trip. Very convenient EV parking. If it's more than 1-2 day trip I will just take a taxi from my house (not due to security just because i like to keep it garaged).

Depends on the airport, and the parking facility. Voted yes, though. That's what insurance is for, but I would not park it foolishly. There are some areas on the street that your tires and wheels would not survive more than several hours also.

So...I voted "No", but wanted a "Not usually, but I would if circumstances permitted" option. I would for short trips from my local airport. I would for long trips at an airport where I could keep it plugged in (even if to a 120v outlet). I have for a short (3 day) trip one time, but was nervous about the vampire drain even though I had more than enough to get home once I got back. But anything over 5 days or so where I can't plug it in or long trips (we often have to fly out of larger airports to save money that are 200 or so miles away) with no charging option (there are no superchargers around me yet) then no way, we take the gasser.

Left mine at SEA multiple times for up to 5 days. I park in self-park garage right at the airport, and not at third-party off-airport facilities which I used to use before getting my Model S. The reason: don't want to valet the car. It's a bit pricier this way, but I think it's worth it.

When parking, I try to find a corner stall clearly visible from the security cameras (hope they're recording). The south end of the garage seems to always have a few stalls like that available. And there's always a couple of Model S' parked there already.

I park it everyday at an NJT train station into NYC. And I'm not the only Tesla in the parking garage. I don't see what the problem is here. You bought a car. Why not drive it? It's just a waste if it sits at home in your driveway. One reason I bought it was to save on gas. Can't really do that if I'm taking my ICE SUV to the train station instead.

I regularly park at SEA main terminal extended parking without thinking twice about it. I'll grab one of the EV spots if they're open, because hey free 120V why not, but no big deal if not.

If it's more than 5 days I'll take a cab, but only because it's cheaper.

It's a car. You drive it. You park it.

I have a P85D on order and will probably be able to pick it up at the end of December. I live in the SF Bay area and right now what is considered the hated 1%, those of us who ride Google buses to work, those of us who park our Teslas on the street in San Francisco, and our group that would include anyone who has a job and the appearance of success is enough to be villified. One post on the Tesla motors website today documented the damage of a Tesla parked at curbside in an apparent hit and run. The speculation was that it was not accidental. Now like the next guy, I would like to think that I can drive my car anywhere, park it anywhere, and since I have luck on my side, think that nothing will ever happen because it has never happened to me. But I find this question very germane. What are the limits, if any, when you park you car and how long you leave it there. I know that I have insurance for a reason, and due to my impatience in waiting for my new Tesla, I really don't want to spend countless hours in the shop for any reason. I voted no to the original question and was wondering if I am just an alarmist or is there greater forces out there that should be appreciated.

I have a P85D on order and will probably be able to pick it up at the end of December. I live in the SF Bay area and right now what is considered the hated 1%, those of us who ride Google buses to work, those of us who park our Teslas on the street in San Francisco, and our group that would include anyone who has a job and the appearance of success is enough to be villified. One post on the Tesla motors website today documented the damage of a Tesla parked at curbside in an apparent hit and run. The speculation was that it was not accidental. Now like the next guy, I would like to think that I can drive my car anywhere, park it anywhere, and since I have luck on my side, think that nothing will ever happen because it has never happened to me. But I find this question very germane. What are the limits, if any, when you park you car and how long you leave it there. I know that I have insurance for a reason, and due to my impatience in waiting for my new Tesla, I really don't want to spend countless hours in the shop for any reason. I voted no to the original question and was wondering if I am just an alarmist or is there greater forces out there that should be appreciated.

It's really common sense. I spent 4 days in Detroit with my S. In high traffic areas I was comfortable parking on the street during the day and did so. At night it went in the garage. And regardless, the wrong person could have walked by and tried a smash and grab or keyed the car. We all have different risk tolerances.

Demands on airport and location. In San Diego, there are so many Model S on the road, no one really pays attention anymore (huge difference from 2 years ago, when I got the car). I'd park it at the SD airport

I have parked mine at IAH regularly. I had used Ecopark's EV charging area as it had been free. In September Blink started charging $.02 per hour connected with no notice and wound up with a huge bill for three days - they did a 1 time adjustment to $25. Hence, no longer take MS to the airport, except for short trips and do not plug in @$50/day.

I have parked mine at IAH regularly. I had used Ecopark's EV charging area as it had been free. In September Blink started charging $.02 per hour connected with no notice and wound up with a huge bill for three days - they did a 1 time adjustment to $25. Hence, no longer take MS to the airport, except for short trips and do not plug in @$50/day.
I could have written a very funny response to this.....:biggrin: