Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

If you live in Illinois and are looking for a good deal on a inventory Model S.....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
One of the Tesla Advisors just sent me three HIGHLY discounted S85s. One has a $15,700 discount. One has a $19,500 discount. The last had a $22,000 discount. All three were nicely optioned. All had the Tech package plus other options. All are priced around $72,000 with the discount BEFORE the $7,500 FED tax credit and $4,000 IL rebate. I just bought one last month, or I'd jump on any one of them. Call the Chicago Grand Avenue Tesla office for more info.

I was looking for a S85 for months, but bought a used one last month. These are the best deals I've personally seen.

I just bought an inventory 60 out of the Cincinnati store today (just became available last night). It was 18k off!!!! From what I understand, lots of heavily discounted cars became available last night, if you are looking for one, call your local store ASAP!!!

I just bought an inventory 60 out of the Cincinnati store today (just became available last night). It was 18k off!!!! From what I understand, lots of heavily discounted cars became available last night, if you are looking for one, call your local store ASAP!!!

I was at a store today and was told inventory cars are discounted $1/mile driven plus 2% for each month the car has been in service. They had a ton in the database. S85s looked to discounted from 10-20k depending on options and mileage. The 2% discount was bumped up from 1% because they don't have autopilot.

If you don't care about autopilot or AWD there are some great deals out there. I was also told you can lease any inventory car with less than 5k miles. If the MF and residuals are the same as they use for ordered cars, which I was told they are but I'm not sure I believe this, you can lease a $95k S85 with 5k miles for $725 a month plus tax. Seems to good to be true.

Was one pearl white with perhaps 1100 miles?

One was pearl white with 8,800 miles. $72,592 after discount. Doesn't copy well, but I'll try below:

Model S $69,900.0 0
85 kWh Battery $10,000.0 0
Pearl White Paint $1,500.0 0
Body Color Roof -
19" Wheels -
19' Michelin Primacy Tire Upgrade -
Black Nappa Leather Seats $1,500.0 0
Obeche Wood Gloss Décor $650.0 0
Matching Yacht Floor $650.0 0
Single Charger -
Supercharger Enabled -
Tech Package $3,750.0 0
Smart Suspension $2,250.0 0
Parking Sensors $500.0 0
Ultra High Fidelity Sound System $2,500.0 0
Parcel Shelf $250.0 0
Brake Calipers – Black -
Subtotal $93,450.00
Destination and Regulatory Documentation Fee $1,170.00
Total $94,620.00

Congrats, I know you have been waiting a long time.

I inquired about inventory P85 with tech and air. They were offering a $24k discount leaving the car at $92k before tax incentives.

Last edited:
I got an inventory car 3 weeks back and I got 1% discount + $1/mile

The total discount was $10,500 but I also got after the market twin charger for $1500.

I wish I could have waited little longer...anyways I will definitely let my friends know about this great savings

@ualdriver...can you post all three cars with discount so I can forward to my friends?

Last edited:
I got an inventory car 3 weeks back and I got 1% discount + $1/mile

The total discount was $10,500 but I also got after the market twin charger for $1500.

I wish I could have waited little longer...anyways I will definitely let my friends know about this great savings

@ualdriver...can you post all three cars with discount so I can forward to my friends?

yes, but format doesn't copy well......

First one is in Post # 7 above

SECOND ONE
Model S $69,900.00
85 kWh Battery
$10,000.00 Black Solid Paint -
Body Color Roof
- 19" Wheels -
19' Michelin Primacy Tire Upgrade
- Black Textile Seats -
Piano Black Décor
- Matching Yacht Floor $450.00
Single Charger
- Supercharger Enabled -
Tech Package
$3,750.00 Standard Suspension -
Parking Sensors
$500.00 Subzero Weather Package $750.00
Brake Calipers – Black
-
Subtotal
$85,350.00 Destination and Regulatory Documentation Fee $1,170.00
Total
$86,520.00
Showroom Discount
$-15,761.00
Estimated Subtotal of Taxable Items
$70,759.00

THIRD ONE
Model S $69,900.00
85 kWh Battery
$10,000.00 Red Multi-Coat Paint $1,500.00
Body Color Roof
- 19" Silver Cyclone Wheels $2,500.00
19' Michelin Primacy Tire Upgrade
- Tan Nappa Leather Seats $1,500.00
Obeche Wood Gloss Décor
$650.00 Matching Yacht Floor $500.00
Single Charger
- Supercharger Enabled -
Tech Package
$3,750.00 Standard Suspension -
Parking Sensors
$500.00 Brake Calipers – Black -
Subtotal $90,800.00
Destination and Regulatory Documentation Fee
$1,170.00 Total $91,970.00
Showroom Discount
$-19,546.00
Estimated Subtotal of Taxable Items
$72,424.00

Prices DO NOT include FED or STATE tax incentives/rebates

312-733-9780.....Tesla Chicago Grand Avenue....Mike Snow

Good news if you want one bad news if you own one. Thanks Tesla. You just depreciated mine even more:mad:

This honestly will not have a real impact on the used market. These "cheap" Tesla's are a one time thing, due to the hardware changes. They will all be gone in a matter of days, and then used market will go right back to where it was before hand. When Tesla sold a bunch of CPO roadsters in the mid 50's low 60's after model s deliveries started, there was not a significant long term change in the value of a used roadster, this will be the same way.

This honestly will not have a real impact on the used market. These "cheap" Tesla's are a one time thing, due to the hardware changes. They will all be gone in a matter of days, and then used market will go right back to where it was before hand. When Tesla sold a bunch of CPO roadsters in the mid 50's low 60's after model s deliveries started, there was not a significant long term change in the value of a used roadster, this will be the same way.
Agree with you but it does indicate how much more value the senors add. I would love to have one with senors but will not buy third tesla for a while.

Not saying you are wrong but they have set the precedent now that all previous non sensor cars are worth less.
If you truly think it won't hurt the pre sensor used value then you should buy every one of them and in 3 weeks or so sell them for a sweet profit.

Both my P85s were inventory cars,

This was a great price!

c9bba86fdf2d42d6ffdf78bc34b9ab34.jpg

I'm not expecting to get a P85D for this kinda price. Wanna test drive the D and autopilot first before I get rid of my benz (miss my teslas a lot)

Congrats! I know you've been waiting and wanting for a looong time! Now your patience was rewarded. Happy for you.