Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2014 Q3 Earnings Report and Conference call discussion thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OK. A break down attempt.

Positive:
Q3 production met guidance
Gross margin maintained
Positive non-GAAP EPS
Future growth trajectory very positive:
- Selling and administration expenses up another 18% equals continued expansion.
- Gigafactory to produce actual cells in 2016!
- Expecting to exit 2015 at 2000/week run rate (that's something like 100k/year combined Model S+X going in to 2016!)

Negative:
Guidance for whole year 2014 down from 35k delivered to 33k delivered
Model X delayed to Q3 2015
Basically no ZEV income in Q4

Last edited:
JTE why did you ask this twice?

This is a solid, no real surprises ER other than the fact that I think we were partially oversold on expectations of some catastrophic deliveries miss this quarter, which was silly. And, generally, investing in TSLA tomorrow became less risky tonight.

1) I'm a little confused going back and forth between the 2 threads and my stock platform.

2) I think I only asked about 2014 deliveries in the other thread. The rest is for Q3 specifically and why TSLA is up instead of down.

i love them: Doing so negatively affects the short term, but positively affects the long term. There are many other companies that do
not follow this philosophy that may be a more attractive home for investor capital. Tesla is not going to change.

I love how they say "sell off if you want, we don't care"

Agreed! Pure balls comment there.

Its a miss IMO. specially q4 delivery.

Now, I cannot take them by word on timing. The GF thing being early a bit may just be a relief note which has no value. We'll see in next few quarters.

Model X was speculated to be delayed including from Jonas. I don't like this earnings. Elon needs to beat his words. He somehow over-promises and under-delivers. Thank god thats the opposite when it comes to actual product.

Another point I would like someone to ask is this: What is taking so much to increase freaking production? Before, it was a battery availability issue. Now what? They need to somehow resolve these issues quickly.