Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SC at Ft Drum

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hmm...Will soon have three choices when going to Orlando:

1) Don't use a Supercharger and drive 65mph and get there the fastest
2) Stop in Port St. Lucie and get there the slowest but with real food (Current choice)
3) Stop at Fort Drum and get there a little bit faster than 2) but without the real food

I'll probably choose 3) one time for the novelty of it, but then revert to 2).

Hmm...Will soon have three choices when going to Orlando:

1) Don't use a Supercharger and drive 65mph and get there the fastest
2) Stop in Port St. Lucie and get there the slowest but with real food (Current choice)
3) Stop at Fort Drum and get there a little bit faster than 2) but without the real food

I'll probably choose 3) one time for the novelty of it, but then revert to 2).

Take route 2 and buy food with the money saved not taking the turnpike would be my vote. Gotta eat :smile:
Also 95 better during love bug season around May

If we could only get EVs exempt from turnpike tolls might be a harder choice.

and FT Drum as well according to the TESLA website and Teslarati. Main Street Florida has been Electrified!

I just stopped by Fort Drum on my way up to Lake County ... Don't have my Tesla yet, but I decided to check it out, and it looks to me like it is not activated yet. I sure hope the owner of the P85 there was not under the false impression that he was getting a charge there.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Last edited:
Based on your pictures I would agree with you, but the Tesla website and Teslarati both show that station as being open. I will check my car as well. It would be a big problem if I was counting on it and it wasn't working, it would be impossible to get to Turkey Lake for the next stop.

Based on your pictures I would agree with you, but the Tesla website and Teslarati both show that station as being open. I will check my car as well. It would be a big problem if I was counting on it and it wasn't working, it would be impossible to get to Turkey Lake for the next stop.

The Port Saint Lucie supercharger is probably your closest option if Fort Drum burned you.

Is it possible to call Tesla and confirm the status of Fort Drum?

I just stopped by Fort Drum on my way up to Lake County ... Don't have my Tesla yet, but I decided to check it out, and it looks to me like it is not activated yet. I sure hope the owner of the P85 there was not under the false impression that he was getting a charge there.

There is nothing in the pics that would make me think it wasn't operational? Yes, the walls around the equipment aren't up yet, but the cabinets are all there, the meter is there, and it has some usage.

Ft Drum is on the nav screen. If it was not functional I would definitely call supercharger support 877-798-3752 ( available 24/7 )

Tesla informs me that the Fort Drum Supercharger is definitely operational.

Larry