Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone trading in an interesting ICE over the next week or two???

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

lolachampcar

Nov 26, 2012
WPB Florida
My P+ is going wholesale now and I will be without something to drive for a few months. I would be interested in buying someones interesting ICE trade in at a better number than Tesla is offering which would work out good for them and me. I would then trade the same car in three months from now when my PD comes in.

By interesting, I'm thinking M5, M3,,,, or other fun car.

Thanks,
Bill
[email protected]

Based on your posts over the past years, I don't think you'd be interested in what I've got.

Lots of horsepower....
Lots of torque.....

but, at 0-60 in 3.2..........miles, I'm not sure "fun" is the first descriptor my fleet of diesels brings to mind. On the other hand, there are very, very few BJ70s in the US - probably under ten - and some of us - like me - think they're d*mned cute, and would be a blast in Florida's back country. Same goes for the BJ40, esp. if you swap out its 3B engine for something off your back rack.

Well not exactly a trade-in that you requested, but I would gladly give up my finders fee knowing that this lil "grocery-getter" would be going to great home in WPB.

An extremely rare #Lamborghini #Aventador LP20-4 50 Anniversario in Rosso Mars Red,… Instagram

Not mine, but I have a 5 year old Bentley 2 door convertible GTC in my garage for sale. 15 K miles. Perfect..... $275K new, For Sale: $150 K. BMW power with twin turbo V8 700 HP. Really impressive car!! Custom White with Custom stitched black interior. It's going to Auction next week. Send PM if interested for photos etc.

Last edited:
This hair brained idea only works if I can intercept an ICE trade destined for Tesla in the next week or two. Given the sales tax credit thing, it would likely have to come from a state where there is no sales tax credit. If the earth, moon and stars aligned, the new Tesla owner would get more for their trade and I would have an ICE to trade in three months on my PD (so I would get the sales tax credit).

Again, hair brained and unlikely to work but I thought it worth a try.