Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Alcantara Dash on S85

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all

Finalising my spec and I'm not sure about the above. According to the latest UK design studio when you choose the "alcantara interior" it's now the headliner and the dash, but I'm only ordering an S85 and when I spoke to the guy at Westfield, London, he said that the dash only comes on the P85?

Does that mean if you spec it on the 85 you only get the headliner, as per the old options?

Thanks

I got a S85 loaner a few weeks ago which was probably built in early September. It had Alcantara on both the headliner and dash. Unless UK builds are somehow different, I'd guess that you would get the Alcantara in both places.

As usual, most of the frontline staff seem to be kept partially in the dark. A note to the mothership direct will give you accurate information. Try specifying on the order page, and then going through the pictures. They may show you what you need to know.

My DS told me that it is now standard on all. I do wish they covered the entire dash, as it would eliminate glare on the windscreen. The way it is installed now, it does nothing to eliminate glare in the most critical areas right in front of the driver. My DS said that the reason they did it (who really knows) was to reduce glare. Fail...but it does look rather nice! I have been thinking about how to retrofit in a tasteful manner. Still processing!

it all about personal taste prefferences.
I dislike the alcantara dash - loved the leather. and much easyer to whipe clean from dust.
sadly only available with textile roof.

I guess Tesla i now into cost reducing fase , trying to find ways to save cost..

it all about personal taste prefferences.
I dislike the alcantara dash - loved the leather. and much easyer to whipe clean from dust.
sadly only available with textile roof.

I guess Tesla i now into cost reducing fase , trying to find ways to save cost..

I am in the same phase. But you know what? It is TOTALLY worth it!!! Though I must say that my electric bill to "fill" the girl was only 110USD compared to the SIX FIFTY I was paying monthly for my ICE. So I am actually saving real bucks! Yeah! And in California, which ain't cheap for anything!