Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla coverage in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
One of the sites I occasionally review has has a coupe of recent articles regarding Tesla's development plans in Australia and potential impacts on public policy.

http://reneweconomy.com.au/2014/tesla-looks-to-solar-to-power-australian-supercharging-network-89178

http://reneweconomy.com.au/2014/could-a-tesla-test-drive-cure-abbott-governments-deep-denial-18403

Per their website, "RenewEconomy.com.au has quickly emerged as Australia’s best informed and most read web-site focusing on clean energy news and analysis, as well as climate policy."

Hello, as you may notice this is my first post here!

Sadly I don't think I'll be a Tesla owner for another few years at the earliest, but nevertheless I've been paying a lot of attention to them!

I notice this thread hasn't really been expanded since the supercharger network plans were announced in early December. If you need a reminder:

S8jxI9t.png

There was a lot of guessing as to how the SC network would look in a thread in the Aus & NZ forum several months ago. There hasn't been much more discussion on that one, but I've been trying to identify the cities/towns on this map and they appears to be:
Alone the Hume: Melbourne - Seymour - Albury - Gundagai - Goulburn - Sydney
I'm not sure about the two just south of Sydney but I think they are Canberra and Bateman's Bay or similar.

Note: A technicality - from Melbourne you could take the Spirit of Tasmania to Devonport, drive across most of the north of Tasmania, and get back to Devonport on a 400km trip! Perhaps that area should be shaded as well? :p

Easily less than that - e.g. Smithton 133km, Launceston 100km, Cradle Mountain 88km. Cradle Mountain is the only really hilly one of these three. It'd be interesting if anyone in Melbourne has (theoretically) considered it. It isn't really practical as taking the Spirit with a car is close to $700 return for car +2 adults (it only really becomes cost effective for trips of 10 days or more), unless someone really wants to see if it can be done!