Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tire Pressure monitor, service menu, roof

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi!
I just took over the care of our company-owned Roadster, and I seem to be running into some problems I could use some help with:

Roof:
There's something wrong with the front wire of the roof. It’s laying on top of the window, instead of down in the slot. Is it adjustable? The fabric seems to be very tight, and pulling it out to the back. It has been broken before, and it's repaired. Could it be that they used a cable that's too long?

Maintenance Service required:
I'm getting this message, and I know I can reset this via the service menu, but I somehow lost the code (had it before). Would someone be kind enough to PM it to me? Much appreciated!

Tire Pressure Monitor:
I get this message: Tire Pressure Monitor Service Required (ID: 409, Data:0x00000100)
Occasionally I get this when I start the car in the morning, but I also sometimes get it while driving. Can anyone give me a hint on where to start?

Thanks!

Hi!
I just took over the care of our company-owned Roadster, and I seem to be running into some problems I could use some help with:

Roof:
There's something wrong with the front wire of the roof. It’s laying on top of the window, instead of down in the slot. Is it adjustable? The fabric seems to be very tight, and pulling it out to the back. It has been broken before, and it's repaired. Could it be that they used a cable that's too long?

Maintenance Service required:
I'm getting this message, and I know I can reset this via the service menu, but I somehow lost the code (had it before). Would someone be kind enough to PM it to me? Much appreciated!

Tire Pressure Monitor:
I get this message: Tire Pressure Monitor Service Required (ID: 409, Data:0x00000100)
Occasionally I get this when I start the car in the morning, but I also sometimes get it while driving. Can anyone give me a hint on where to start?

Thanks!
If the cable is lose, it is probably broken again or was never fixed properly. I have read it can be fixed.
If you are getting the maintenance service light, the car is probably due for its annual. I know there are people who do this themselves, but for the peace of mind (and presumably the company is paying for it) I would take it to the service center (better yet, have them pick it up and give you a loaner S for an additional $100.)

The TPMS is the biggest pain in the butt on these cars. I would do your best to ignore it (but make sure to check the tire pressures regularly)

Just my two cents (I am sure you will have many varying opinions to come)

The cable is adjustable, there's a turnbuckle underneath a Velcro cover at the middle of the roof. If it's not broken or overly stretched you should be able to adjust it.

Agree, it's probably asking for its annual service.

TPMS probably just needs to be reset; it's lost track of the wheels. Tesla Service can do that.

If its a company car, shouldn't you bring it in to Tesla to be serviced if the Maintenance screen is telling you to? I can see a personal car and knowing who to wrench on them, but if you know nothing about it and the main fact its a company car, if something fails the company would be on you for not taking it in and may get on Tesla. Best to take it in for a checkup.

Also if people have a 2.x I suggest having it checked up by Tesla, the PEM gets clogged on those things very quick.

I'd also be hesitant asking / mailing out codes. I can see someone getting into a big mess/trouble doing things they shouldn't be in there or trying to disconnect something they shouldn't and not going through the proper checks. With the way lawsuits fly these days please be cautious. Even the person who gave out the code could be liable.

If people do their own research on their own they can find the information they need.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the advice. I got the code, so at least got rid of 1 of the messages popping up when starting the car!
I'm going to have a look at the cable soon, there seems to be a thicker peace in the middle indeed, have to get it out first.
And indeed, taking it to Tesla for service is the best idea here, I called them, and it's supposed to cost around E500, which is sort of ok I guess!