Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

financing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So i planned to apply through alliant credit union in 2 weeks and take delivery early december and it seems like they raised there rates to 72 months 2.29 and 84 months 2.99. up from 1.74 and 2.29 does anyone know of any other credit unions that offer better interest rates?

Only lower one I found was Digital Credit Union, but you have to do direct deposit of your whole paycheck. Not sure what their rates are now, but at one point with all the discounts you could get near 1%.

Unfortunately - at least for me - they were the most difficult credit union to deal with, and when you open an account they do a hard credit inquiry. So don't do what I did and open an account too early so they have to pull credit twice.

I decided to go with AlliantCU

I became a member last week. Planning to apply this week. The approval and rate is good for 60 days, and I wanted to make sure that the car would arrive in that window. Note that they are closed tomorrow as they physically moved their administrative offices this past weekend.

My question was just what the qualification factor was -- their website implied you had to be an employee of a list of companies (of which I am not).

Call and ask for Mary Johnson. She will set you up with an application for the Chinese Community Center, or something like that. You can then send her a check form $10 and she will take care of the rest.

She is also great to work with. I live in Texas and they are in Maryland. She helped with all of the paperwork and the approval.

Call and ask for Mary Johnson. She will set you up with an application for the Chinese Community Center, or something like that. You can then send her a check form $10 and she will take care of the rest.

She is also great to work with. I live in Texas and they are in Maryland. She helped with all of the paperwork and the approval.

Figured I would let her explain as the whole process seemed a little odd initially.

I spoke with Mary. She seems like a nice lady and well informed. She will ask you to fill out the Chinese center app like Randompersonx explained and fill out the membership form. It all has to be mailed in, not emailed so might be best to get started on it now. Will update when I hear back from her with rates.

So I decided to go with energy federal credit union and they say that they can get as low as I believe it was 1.51% and then you can get a 1% discount for an ev vehicle I sent in my membership application about a week ago still waiting on a reply

So w/ EFCU you don't know your rate (or even if you qualify) until after you physically mail in the application? No online or over the phone approval process?
once you join they will start the loan approval process, so yeah, you cant really get any information out of them before joining. i was told it was quick and easy if that makes any difference.