Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The "Jacksonville Supercharger" is likely going to be in Kingsland, Georgia.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Apparently there's going to be SuperChargers downtown located for the I-95 & I-10. Indication is that the location is Brooklyn Station on Riverside. No guarantees but my source is trustworthy (athough not a Tesla employee).

Anyone want to start permit searching? ;-)

Last edited by a moderator:
This is fantastic news. I really dislike having to spend so much time in the Savannah airport to get to St. Augustine. This will make the trip down much easier.
Agreed. Frankly, if & when I drive down I-95 again, I'd likely skip St. Augustine if Jacksonville is open. I spent more time driving between I-95 and the St. Augustine superchargers than I did at any other supercharger on that trip, by a large margin, thanks to outlet mall traffic. It didn't help of course that I arrived mid-day on a Saturday in both directions. :)

Agreed. Frankly, if & when I drive down I-95 again, I'd likely skip St. Augustine if Jacksonville is open. I spent more time driving between I-95 and the St. Augustine superchargers than I did at any other supercharger on that trip, by a large margin, thanks to outlet mall traffic. It didn't help of course that I arrived mid-day on a Saturday in both directions. :)

Totally agree. Getting in and out of the outlet mall at St. Augustine is a pain. Those giant speed bumps are no fun either.

I am informed that the next time the interactive Supercharger dot map is revised a Jacksonville dot will reappear. It will show an estimated completion by the end of 2015.

This is very encouraging news and I want to thank all our club members who provided suggested locations for Jacksonville.

Larry

Last edited:
I am informed that the next time the interactive Supercharger dot map is revised a Jacksonville dot will reappear.

Unfortunately, still no :confused:Jacksonville red dot on today's newly updated map. IMO, the Jax (or preferably a A1A/200 and 95 location) would be far more beneficial over several of the other "coming soon" locations, as this is THEE trouble stretch on the whole N-S East Coast if an owner:

a) has a "60"
b) encounters rain
c) encounters colder temps
d) heads west towards Lake City
e) heads sw towards central Fl (nearly impossible)
f) wants to travel prevailing traffic speeds

Last edited:
Unfortunately, still no :confused:Jacksonville red dot on today's newly updated map.

Hi Dave,

In response to my inquiry Tesla provided the following response:

"Jacksonville is still on the list for 2015, we just have not updated that set of maps yet. There is a lot to come next year and our leadership team is still determining how they want to present all the information."

Larry

Unfortunately, still no :confused:Jacksonville red dot on today's newly updated map. IMO, the Jax (or preferably a A1A/200 and 95 location) would be far more beneficial over several of the other "coming soon" locations, as this is THEE trouble stretch on the whole N-S East Coast if an owner:

a) has a "60"
b) encounters rain
d) heads west towards Lake City
e) heads sw towards central Fl (nearly impossible)
f) wants to travel prevailing traffic speeds

g) doesn't want to spend an hour in Savannah Airport waiting to charge to 220+ rated miles in order to get to St. Augustine.

g) doesn't want to spend an hour in Savannah Airport waiting to charge to 220+ rated miles in order to get to St. Augustine.

+1

btw, the St. Augustine Outlet security are just plum accommodating and great in that they will open the Food Court bathroom facilities after hours for S owners and they place those NASTY (a royal PIA to scrape off, "I ain't never doin' THATT :cursing: again"!) stickers on ICEers windshields that park in the "super" spaces.

Last edited:
a) has a "60"
b) encounters rain

+1

As a 60 owner, I second linkster's remarks. The stretch from St. Augustine to Savannah is the longest along the I-95 corridor, and is way to far to reasonably travel in a 60. Even under normal driving and environmental conditions, it's pushing the limits of the 60. If there's any inclement weather, forget about it. With temps like we've been seeing lately, I'd be lucky to make that stretch waiting for a full charge and driving 55.

I'm also not crazy about the Outlet mall location itself. When I visited, traffic in and out was horrific. The food court is abysmal, and there aren't very good alternatives within reasonable walking distance. All the other Supercharger locations I've been to (Ft. Myers, Port St. Lucie, and Port Orange) have much better dining choices.

I hope Jacksonville does indeed get a Supercharger. It would make an I-95 trip through Georgia in a 60 much more viable.

- - - Updated - - -

Looks like we have our 2015 dot for Jacksonville!

na_supercharger_maps_960_open_01082015.jpg

na_supercharger_maps_960_2015_01082015.jpg

btw, the St. Augustine Outlet security are just plum accommodating and great in that they will open the Food Court bathroom facilities after hours for S owners

This^^^^. I stopped there after hours one time and security stopped by and gave me a calling card with a number that I can call if I needed the bathroom. Needless to say, I still have the card in the glove compartment.
I agree the food court is not the best but I think that would matter only if your stop coincided with your eating schedule. And as for the slow access due to traffic and speed bumps - as has been mentioned in other threads - it helps to use the north (secondary) entrance instead of the main one.