Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement - extra line item!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

MarcG

Oct 29, 2014
San Francisco
Hi all,

New to the forum here - just placed my order on Monday and confirmed it Wednesday.

After confirmation, I was able to see my configuration by hitting the gray "VIEW DESIGN" button that replaced the red "CONFIRM" button.
I reviewed the details throughly and confirmed that everything was as I had ordered it - so far so good.

Today, I got a new item in the "My Documents" section of MY TESLA, called "Model S Vehicle Agreement".
I opened it up, and the PDF's title is "Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement". First thing that struck me was the price was different, $2500 more...

As I reviewed it carefully, I noticed that they had added the 19" winter tire set, which I had NOT ordered originally.

Has anyone else had discrepencies between their confirmed design and the vehicle agreement?

Thanks,
-Marc

I just looked at this and my confirmation and my purchase agreement are completely different :( will be calling Tesla tomorrow!

I could be mistaken, but based on mine, I'm thinking that the purchase agreement is generated at the time you place your order, and is then not updated if and when you make changes before confirmation. I had initially selected the red brake calipers, and then before confirming decided against them. I just checked, and my purchase agreement still includes them. The only date shown on it is also the date the order was originally placed, so I think the agreement just isn't updating.

I could be mistaken, but based on mine, I'm thinking that the purchase agreement is generated at the time you place your order, and is then not updated if and when you make changes before confirmation. I had initially selected the red brake calipers, and then before confirming decided against them. I just checked, and my purchase agreement still includes them. The only date shown on it is also the date the order was originally placed, so I think the agreement just isn't updating.

I hope so. I will update tomorrow once I speak to Tesla.