Thread: Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement - extra line item!

Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement - extra line item!

Hi all,

New to the forum here - just placed my order on Monday and confirmed it Wednesday.

After confirmation, I was able to see my configuration by hitting the gray "VIEW DESIGN" button that replaced the red "CONFIRM" button.
    I reviewed the details throughly and confirmed that everything was as I had ordered it - so far so good.

Today, I got a new item in the "My Documents" section of MY TESLA, called "Model S Vehicle Agreement".
    I opened it up, and the PDF's title is "Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement". First thing that struck me was the price was different, $2500 more...

As I reviewed it carefully, I noticed that they had added the 19" winter tire set, which I had NOT ordered originally.

Has anyone else had discrepencies between their confirmed design and the vehicle agreement?

Thanks,
    -Marc

Model S: VIN P 3552 gg_got_a_tesla's Avatar
    Not a common occurrence. Your DS should be able to set it straight.
    Awaiting 85 kWh, Dual Motor AWD, Green, Pano Roof, Textile Seats, Piano Black trim, Tech Package with Autopilot, Dual Chargers, Subzero Package, Active Safety, Smart Air Suspension, 19" Wheels, ETA January 2015

VIN P 3552 - 60 kWh with Supercharging, Green, Black Roof, Black Leather, Piano Black trim, Tech Package, Active Air Suspension, 19" Wheels, 28,343 miles, Delivered January 2013, RIP August, 2014

Hmmm don't have a DS yet, guess it's too early... what is this Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement used for, anyway?

Model S: VIN P 3552 gg_got_a_tesla's Avatar

Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement - extra line item!

The MVPA is really the near-final sales contract. Sales tax, registration fee and such will be included there eventually as your car gets close to delivery. Try contacting the BuildMyModelS phone number listed online.

Welcome to the forums btw!
    Awaiting 85 kWh, Dual Motor AWD, Green, Pano Roof, Textile Seats, Piano Black trim, Tech Package with Autopilot, Dual Chargers, Subzero Package, Active Safety, Smart Air Suspension, 19" Wheels, ETA January 2015

VIN P 3552 - 60 kWh with Supercharging, Green, Black Roof, Black Leather, Piano Black trim, Tech Package, Active Air Suspension, 19" Wheels, 28,343 miles, Delivered January 2013, RIP August, 2014

Got it, thanks a lot for your help!

Where is this "My Documents" section -- I don't see it at all for my P85D order?

Quote Originally Posted by randompersonx View Post
    Where is this "My Documents" section -- I don't see it at all for my P85D order?
    MY TESLA -> MY DASHBOARD
    Look at the bottom section labeled DOCUMENTS
    You'll have 3 tabs: Software Updates, Model S Guides, and My Documents

I just looked at this and my confirmation and my purchase agreement are completely different will be calling Tesla tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by P85McD View Post
    I just looked at this and my confirmation and my purchase agreement are completely different will be calling Tesla tomorrow!
    I could be mistaken, but based on mine, I'm thinking that the purchase agreement is generated at the time you place your order, and is then not updated if and when you make changes before confirmation. I had initially selected the red brake calipers, and then before confirming decided against them. I just checked, and my purchase agreement still includes them. The only date shown on it is also the date the order was originally placed, so I think the agreement just isn't updating.

Quote Originally Posted by Andyw2100 View Post
    I could be mistaken, but based on mine, I'm thinking that the purchase agreement is generated at the time you place your order, and is then not updated if and when you make changes before confirmation. I had initially selected the red brake calipers, and then before confirming decided against them. I just checked, and my purchase agreement still includes them. The only date shown on it is also the date the order was originally placed, so I think the agreement just isn't updating.

I hope so. I will update tomorrow once I speak to Tesla.

Thread Information