Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to reset all electronics to factory default?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is a potential security issue for the Service Center loaner cars - because the navigation software is recording home addresses of owners who had charged the loaners.

The Service Centers should be able to do this. Though you can also manually delete the personalized data (especially the saved locations for the navigation software).

I just had a loaner for 12 days. I went through and deleted my address from the list of places where the car had charged. I also deleted my phone, etc. While it could certainly be a security issue, it's not too hard to delete the personal information.

I just had a loaner for 12 days. I went through and deleted my address from the list of places where the car had charged. I also deleted my phone, etc. While it could certainly be a security issue, it's not too hard to delete the personal information.

Wow 12 days seems like a long time to have a loaner, did something major go wrong or was it just a wait for certain parts?