Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wifi cost for a Tesla in Norway and Sweden

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was talking to a gentleman from Sweden and the subject of Tesla came up, he told me that the cost for wifi in the Tesla in Sweden and Norway was tremendous. I told him that it was free in the US, can anyone from these two countries tell me if you have to pay and if so what is the cost.

Must be a misunderstanding, there is no additional cost for wifi.

Perhaps he was talking about 3G roaming, this can cost a lot when going from one country to another.
However that cost is also covered by Tesla, so there are no additinal costs for the model S owner.

Must be a misunderstanding, there is no additional cost for wifi.

Perhaps he was talking about 3G roaming, this can cost a lot when going from one country to another.
However that cost is also covered by Tesla, so there are no additinal costs for the model S owner.
Yes it was roaming but I told him I thought it was free, but he also told me the Tesla is not a car company it is a battery company.

...but he also told me the Tesla is not a car company it is a battery company.

There is an element of truth to that. Tesla's mission is to accelerate the adoption of electric vehicles. They manufacture and sell batteries and drivetrains to other vehicle makers (Mercedes and Toyota) and I think would do so for any other car maker that wanted to buy their systems. In order to convince a skeptical public, they had to produce a compelling EV to show that it could be done.

There is an element of truth to that. Tesla's mission is to accelerate the adoption of electric vehicles. They manufacture and sell batteries and drivetrains to other vehicle makers (Mercedes and Toyota) and I think would do so for any other car maker that wanted to buy their systems. In order to convince a skeptical public, they had to produce a compelling EV to show that it could be done.
Yes, I understand but I would say that they are a car company that makes and sells batteries to use in several vehicles. I would not say that Tesla's main mission is to sell batteries and make cars on the side. After all it is Tesla Motors.

Yes, I understand but I would say that they are a car company that makes and sells batteries to use in several vehicles. I would not say that Tesla's main mission is to sell batteries and make cars on the side. After all it is Tesla Motors.

and the batteries are panasonic...... :)

As far as I know there is NO added charge for roaming in your TESLA for any of the current costumer base: US, Europe or ASIA... It is all being born by TESLA.... for how long we do not know.. In central Europe there certainly is not. I frequently roam outside of Switzerland in all directions and have not been charged a cent! :)