Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Do you prefer the original seats or the new seats?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For those of you who have sat in both the original seats and the new seats, which one did you prefer? (By the way, they have a car with new seats at the Century City Mall Tesla store.)

For me, I like the added thigh support and deeper torso stabilizer in the new seats, but the facts that the shoulders are pushed further forward and that the sheer size of the seats decreases cabin space more than offset the pros.

One thing that concerns me about the new seats are that the headrests seem to have gotten larger. The old style already didn't leave much visibility out the back, so I feel like the visibility would be even more compromised with the new headrests.

While I agree, the head/neck support wasn't excellent. I'd prefer the larger/taller headrests (with rear-view camera), over the smaller ones.

For those of you who have sat in both the original seats and the new seats, which one did you prefer? (By the way, they have a car with new seats at the Century City Mall Tesla store.)

For me, I like the added thigh support and deeper torso stabilizer in the new seats, but the facts that the shoulders are pushed further forward and that the sheer size of the seats decreases cabin space more than offset the pros.
I have ordered the new seats - based on pictures alone but it doesn't sound like my wife will be very happy. She complains generally about bolstered seats pushing her shoulders forward. I have been trying to convince her that this won't happen but sounds like there will be some complaining. I didn't hate the old seats and I was surprised that on a long drive they didn't feel any more uncomfortable than other more padded looking seat; however, the new seats look pretty great to me and I will appreciate the bolstering when I'm driving (she won't let me drive in a way that requires bolstering when she's in the car).

You can also see the new seats on Tesla's website when you design a Model S, but as you stated they are only renderings.

For the past several days I've only found the previous seats' renderings on the TM site, whether "ordering" or just going the "Design Studio" route. I previously saw the new seats' rendering when selecting the P85D (only). Your comment indicates that's not the case for you. Any idea of what's going on? BTW, it doesn't matter whether I select an S or a D, or in which order I choose my options.

For the past several days I've only found the previous seats' renderings on the TM site, whether "ordering" or just going the "Design Studio" route. I previously saw the new seats' rendering when selecting the P85D (only). Your comment indicates that's not the case for you. Any idea of what's going on? BTW, it doesn't matter whether I select an S or a D, or in which order I choose my options.

One you pick both the P85 and Dual motor performance, you get several different choices but it is kind of busy. For all the leather seats you see three options for each color. If you select the top option of the three that should be the new seats.

One you pick both the P85 and Dual motor performance, you get several different choices but it is kind of busy. For all the leather seats you see three options for each color. If you select the top option of the three that should be the new seats.

Thanks for pointing out each seat color has 3 options. After viewing on a (much) larger screen, it was readily apparent. Hope to see the new seats offered in the S85D in the next few months.