Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

USC football charging?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've looked on plugshare and the USC parking web site. Looks like a limited number of ev chargers around the coliseum

Anyone have any experience charging during a football game? What's my best chance of success? Thanks!

SJC is the backup plan, but would really like to avoid stopping on the way home after an already long day. USC parking has EV charging, just not a lot. I want to avoid searching through multiple lots if anyone has a suggestion for best chance of success.

SJC is the backup plan, but would really like to avoid stopping on the way home after an already long day. USC parking has EV charging, just not a lot. I want to avoid searching through multiple lots if anyone has a suggestion for best chance of success.

What I have done (in many instances like this) is recharge at Hawthorne before the event. Plenty of charge to make it then to USC and all the way back. I don't bother doing a range charge on the way up, because the more depleted battery actually charges faster. Then I just decide in advance how much charge I need to do the event and get home... I'd suggest 200 miles (about 82% for an 85) is more than enough at Hawthorne.

Here's the follow-up: I went to the game last night, arrived at the USC parking garage (garage #2) with 123 miles left in the tank. They had 4 Chargepoint stations, nice wide spots dedicated for EVs and very clearly marked to prevent ICEing. I left several hours later with a full battery and a $1.62 charge on my Chargepoint account for the "Session Fee". I have no idea how this amount makes sense. Parking was $25.

Just one other Model S charging beside me, and the other two spots were probably free for the entire game. No Supercharger needed, which was very convenient.