Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bluetooth audio - any updates?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi guys - getting my car in December (here in Australia!) and was wondering if there have been any improvements on audio quality over bluetooth? One of the biggest gripes I have is that the Rdio integration doesn't allow the playback of albums, only "playlists" based on individually selected songs. I wanted to rectify this issue by streaming Spotify through my bluetooth, but I've read previously that the sound quality is not great because of the bluetooth standard that Tesla uses. And there's no other way to connect my phone!

So do any of you use bluetooth to stream music? If so, what do you think?

Can't comment on the Tesla (mine's on order too) but I did use a USB stick in the Tesla and it sounded great.

My other reference point is my our Toyota which has both a direct connect iPod input and a Bluetooth audio connect. Playing my iPhone through the direct connect is noticeably better than through the bluetooth interface. But I thought the bluetooth interface was just fine until I decided to A/B the direct connect.

timpoo,

I think the bluetooth sounds just fine. But, its really up to the listener. Do you have access to a Model S? If so, try it out. That's the best.

When I was considering a purchase, I went to a showroom, pulled out my iPhone, connected up and listened to a few test songs I had lined up. Was excellent for me.

You can use a USB stick, but for me its a hassle trying to maintain content in multiple places.