Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Official tire repair kit size? (will it fit in the frunk box?)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I realize the official tire repair kit listed on the website is probably overpriced... but after putting down the deposit it's a bit too late to start worrying about doing the most sensible thing :biggrin:

Does anyone have the dimensions of the tire repair kit?
I'm hoping it'll fit in the stylish but also overpriced frunk box, which as the following dimensions:18"W x 16"D x 10.5"H (tapers to 7.5”H)

Basically I'd like to use the little 'microwave' space in the frunk to store some emergency items behind the net to keep them from sliding around. Tire kit, extra fuses... stuff I won't need everyday but will want in the car.

You'll want to find a frunk box ASAP. It's sold out online and give the way Tesla stocks things, they may never restock. (And I'm only half kidding)

Several things.. first, I have the Tesla tire repair kit AND the Tesla Frunk box. The frunk box fits the tire repair kit and a ton of other things. I have a 50ft 110v extension cord, a 12V battery jumper pack, a tire puncture kit, a screwdriver and nut driver tool set and some other bits. All fits inside the Frunk box.

Second, I asked to be put on the "wait list" for the Frunk Box, and Tesla allowed me to order one right away and I got it in about a week. It is overpriced, but it's very well made and fits perfectly in the microwave box. Also, they only do FedEx two-day shipping, so that's also expensive. But I'm glad I have it.

Yeah I emailed them about the frunk box, they think it'll be back in stock in November and I'm on the wait list.

Sounds like I'd be able to get it sooner than my car anyway which is coming in December :)

Thanks for the info... plenty of time on my hands to plan about crazy stuff like this to keep my mind busy during the wait... I'm sure other's remember the feeling.